Aim and Fire

This is officially the first chapter without the Charmings! Here's some Robin/Henry bonding time to start off the Hood/Mills family adventure :)

--

The house seemed more warm and welcoming to her now, if that was even possible. As she traced her fingers along the faded yellow wall, Regina couldn't help but smile when she realized that the house was now hers. The bedroom, the living room, the tainted windows, the fireplace, it was all hers now- including the people that lived there.

Robin had set off to work on Henry's bed as soon as possible; he and the twelve year old had been outside for hours, dragging trees they had chopped down across the field where they began the timely task of sawing them down. Regina stole glances towards them through the window from time to time, loving to see them interact with one another. They both seemed so calm, so lax, it was like it was a normal spring day. It was hard to believe it had only been hours ago the Charming family had left.

Roland completely passed out as if on queue, giving Regina free reign of the house for at least a little while. She took the opportunity to begin organizing the closet in the bedroom they now shared. The left side of the closet was filled with Robin's clothes (very sloppy and unorganized, she noted quickly) and the right side was more empty; a few dresses, no more than three, hung neatly on hangers, all looking like they were untouched for a very long time.

Regina immediately knew they had to have belonged to her, Robin's wife. Taking one carefully off its hanger, she held it up to her body and examined the pattern and the fading colors.

"Pretty, isn't it?"

Regina looked up in surprise to see Robin standing at the doorway, a glass of water in his hand and a smile on his face. She nodded, taking caution in setting down on the bed and smoothing it over with her hands.

"She used to wear them in the summertime," he said, "and I'm sure you would look just as gorgeous in them."

Regina flushed. "I don't know about that," she told him, turning back to the closet. "I'm trying to figure out what I should wear. Any suggestions?"

Robin took a long sip of his water and thought for a moment. "What'd you wear back in Storybrooke?"

Letting out a small laugh, Regina sat down on the bed and looked up at him, a sly smile on her face. "Well, I was actually the mayor there. I had to wear pantsuits and blouses- uncomfortable stuff."

"Really? I can't picture you being a mayor."

Regina made a face at him. "You'd be surprised. It was a horrible job though, I did make a lot of money, but it was so much stress."

"I think you should wear whatever makes you comfortable then," Robin smiled, giving her a reassuring look, "and use as much of the closet space you want."

Regina knew that wouldn't be a problem. Back at home, she was used to a walk in closet all to herself.

"Robin, let's get back outside!" Henry said, walking into the room with a determined look on his face. He had some dirt smudged on his t shirt and sweat gleaming on his forehead.

"Alright, I'll be out there in a second," he told him, holding out his water out towards the twelve year old. "Want some?"

Henry nodded and took the glass, taking a long drink before wiping his mouth. "Remember how you said you would teach me how to shoot a now and arrow?"

Robin nodded, knowing where the conversation was leading to.

"Well," Henry started, "maybe we could take a break."