Something Missed

When her consciousness slowly came back into focus, Regina realized someone in the room was snoring. She knew it wasn't her. This made her eyes open out of pure curiosity, though she would have preferred to have slept in a bit more. When she did, she was greeted by her fiancé, who was fast asleep in the chair beside her, his neck bent back in a way that definitely could not have been comfortable. What proved to be amusing was the fact that their child was still in his arms, held securely up against his chest. Regina wished she had her phone handy so she could take a picture.

"Robin," she whispered, looking around for something she could wake him up with, since she was forbidden to get up- Doctor's orders. Being completely bedridden wasn't going to be easy for her.

"Robin," she tried again, slightly louder this time. She didn't want to wake up Caroline, and she certainly didn't want to accidentally hit her if she tried throwing something at him.

"Robin seriously, you have to get up." She raised her voice even more, getting tired of listening to him snore.

Snapping his head up, Robin glanced around the room, seeming fairly confused as to where he was. He was surprised to see Caroline was still fast asleep in his arms; that made the memories of what happened that night slowly begin to become clear in his mind.

"What the hell happened last night?" She asked, giving him an inquisitive look, "I was out as soon as Whale put me on that stuff again."

Robin sighed, gently repositioning his little baby in his arms. "Well, Will took the boys home as soon as we finished taking those pictures. He texted me and said that both Roland and Henry passed out in the back of his car. Then you were out cold, and I thought I could get some sleep in here because Caroline was still asleep. But then, she started crying, and I couldn't get her to stop. Whale told me she needed to be fed again, so I suggested waking you up. Then he said I should learn how to do it myself. He spent about a half hour trying to teach me how to make the formula, which I thought was useless, but he insisted I get it right. Even when I fed her, she just wouldn't go to sleep. I just... Held her until I passed out."

Regina cringed. "I'm sorry, really, I am. It was her first night, you can't expect her to sleep through it perfectly."

He was tempted to back a short comeback, but Robin knew she couldn't do anything about the sleeping issue. Just like her, he wished they all could simply go back home. They had survived a snowstorm, the birth of their child, and harassment from friends and family- going home sounded perfect.

"I have no idea if the roads are drivable or not," Robin said, laying Caroline back in her bassinet, "probably not. Hungry? I can go pick you up some orange juice from the diner."

Regina responded by giving him a mock smile, shaking her head slowly. "No thanks. Honestly, I don't know if I can eat there for a while- don't tell Granny that."

Giving her a light laugh, he bent down to place a light kiss on her cheek. "I think I saw a waffle maker in the poor excuse for a kitchen. Then I can call Will about bringing them back over here somehow, since school is cancelled."

Not very surprisingly, the hospital was just about dead at nine in the morning. Robin wondered just how boring it was for Whale, working there every day. He was just about to turn into the preparation room when a familiar face popped out of nowhere, almost hitting the man dead on. Taking a surprised step back, Robin noticed the woman had on a black pencil skirt and a navy blue blazer.

"Sorry, didn't see you there," he attempted, shaking his head in hope to rid some of the awkwardness that had risen between them.

Belle removed the flustered look off her face, gripping the wicker basket tighter with her hands. "Is, uh, Regina's room nearby? I thought I would stop by before work and give her some breakfast."