Teamwork

The couple wished they could have recorded their boys' reactions to the new- it was priceless.

"What do you mean a girl?" Henry asked, looking absolutely horrified at both of his parents. "You said the baby would be a boy!"

"I know, I know..." Robin told him gently, "there was just a slight mistake, that's all. It's hard getting a good picture of the baby."

Roland sat next to him, but he seemed more confused than anything else. Regina wondered if the five year old even knew what was going on.

"How can you tell the difference between boys and girls momma?" He asked suddenly, tilting his head to the side.

As his parents silently battled one another to see who had to answer the question, Henry opened his mouth.

"Roland, girls don't have..." He glanced down at his lap.

The boy responded by letting out a slight "oh," and remained quiet for the next few minutes.

"So," Regina began, trying to get off of the awkward moment, "how are you guys feeling about this?"

Her twelve year old simply shrugged. "I guess it's okay... I've never thought about having a little sister before."

She couldn't help but laugh dryly. "Well, I've never thought about this either. It's a... Surprise to everyone."

Slipping his arm around her, Robin studied their two boys for a minute.

"Now- what does this little blinking envelope on my screen mean?" He asked, holding out his phone towards them. Henry suppressed a smug smile, something his mother strictly told him not to do.

"It means you got a text message- we've been over this, Dad." Henry told him, taking the phone from his hand and checking the message.

"It's from Ruby. She says that, in all caps, 'I would love to help Regina out with baby shopping', followed by like, twenty exclamation points. Then she says, 'I can't believe your having a baby girl', with... A lot of exclamation points."

Neither of them could hold back a smile when they heard that text. Typical Ruby.

Handing the phone back to Robin, Henry gave both his parents a look.

"Are you going to make us go with you to shop?" He asked, a hint of resent in his voice.

On the other hand, Roland seemed happy with the idea. "Yay! I wanna shop for the baby with you Mommy!"

Regina seemed absolutely relieved after his positive remark. "I'm making everyone else come with us to help Henry, I think you can too."

Then, turning to Robin, her expression changed to a concerned one. "What are we going to do with all the things we've bought already?"

He thought about it for a moment. "Hopefully the store will take them back and pay us the money it all was worth," he said, hoping what he said was correct.

"It's called a return honey, and I'm not sure if they'll do it. But, I was the mayor, so... I'll persuade them."

Shooting her a sly smile, Robin set to work on typing Ruby a message back.

"Are we meeting the Charmings at the store or what?" Henry asked, finally opening up to the idea. Although he didn't want to spend his weekend shopping for his baby sister, the boy figured at the least he would be able to spend more time with his family.

"That's the plan," Robin said, ruffling his hair, "we should probably head over there now, don't you think Regina?"

Nodding, she grabbed her keys. "And no you are not driving. Maybe someday, but not today."