Breaking Point

Of course he was late coming back to the hospital. It wasn't entirely Robin's fault; Granny talked on and on and on about Caroline. Also, with the knowledge Will gave to light about what caused the uproar, seeing Ruby was rather awkward. As much as Robin wanted to hate Will for what he did to his son, he was angry at Ruby for breaking up with him. Everyone thought they were happy together... But apparently, they were wrong.

"I didn't tell Regina because... Because I know she'll hate me if she knows."

"You're like a sister to her, she could never hate you." Robin responded with an eye roll, holding his daughter close.

"But she threw him in jail! She'll never let me into the wedding now..."

He made sure she was looking right at him before he continued, his voice graven, "this wasn't your fault, Ruby. Don't make yourself believe that it is. What I do know is that you made a huge mistake by dumping Will."

There were tears shining in her eyes. "I- It sort of just ... Happened. I didn't want to, with the wedding in all, but he's just so... So..."

"So, what? You don't think he's changed?"

Ruby took a deep breath, taking a few seconds to collect her thoughts and shake her head.

"I know he tries. And I know I made a mistake... But with the wedding, with Roland... Everything is just crazy right now. I thought... Maybe this happened for a reason- maybe we're not meant to be together."

He could definitely agree with her on that point; everything around them was crazy, a second away from reaching point break and shattering before them. It frightened him too, how close they all were to the edge. Six days. They were getting married in six days. And Roland was still gone.

"Well, you should figure it out soon. You deserve a happy ending just like everyone else, you know." He said curtly, just as Caroline began to squirm in his arms. "But I really should be going. I'm already in hot water with Regina, best to face it all now."

Wiping her eyes quickly, the werewolf nodded. "Good luck; you'll need it."

The hallways were so vacant they almost seemed haunted, cursed with their family's presence in the hospital yet again. They all hated it there; everything was so glum and tasteless. Simple things were beginning to become a hassle, and the heavier things just seemed impossible.

"I'm glad you're still with me, my little princess," Robin muttered, blowing out a sigh before giving the baby's forehead a light kiss. The two of them were right behind the door to Roland's room, knowing that things could change once they entered through it. He had faced his fiancé's wrath in the past, but nothing under the current circumstances. So Robin gathered all the strength he had and entered through the door, finding Regina and Henry on the other side. They both glanced up at him when he entered; the fear and warning in the twelve year old's eyes was enough to tell him that Regina knew everything.

"Did Alex and her mom leave already?" Robin asked, shutting the door and giving Roland a sideways look in his bed.

"It's been three hours," Regina responded, seeming relieved to see Caroline again, "Emma told me you stopped by the station."

Swallowing hard, he nodded. "Did you get a lot of cleaning done with her over at the house?"

Henry stuffed his hands into his pockets. "Yeah, we got some stuff done. But I think I forgot my phone in the car, so I'll go get it," he said, his eyes turning to the floor as he darted for the door.

We Can Love AgainOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara