A Stumble in the Path

We kinda switch gears here in this one... Rumple's coming back to the Enchanted Forest!

Her whole world was black and white as she awoke- her stomach ached, her head was basically a pound of lead... It was like someone ran over her with a truck multiple times.

It took a while for her to actually open her eyes, and when she did, she saw a ceiling laced with straw and covered with mildew. Regina could hear voices around her; they boomed and echoed through her head in a nonstop motion.

She let out a groan as she forced herself to sit up on the bed, not even wanting to think about what had happened the night before. At least she knew she was back with the others.

"What did you do last night, you look absolutely terrible," she heard Emma say to her.

Regina managed to muster up another famously sarcastic smile. "Have you ever had beer before?"

"Everyone has," Emma replied, as if it were obvious.

"Well it... Was a mistake." She muttered, suddenly standing up to bolt to the bathroom. Before she could make it, though, David stood up to stop her.

"No no, not in here you aren't!" He said, spinning her around towards the window. She bent herself over so she was halfway outside the window, the air soon filled with the sound of the queen retching. Everyone in the room made faces as they stood and listened to her puke.

After a few seconds, Regina pulled herself up and wiped over her mouth.

"The first time is the worst, promise," Emma said as she suppressed an amused grin.

"Can't you just use magic to make yourself feel better?" Snow asked, trying to be supportive.

Regina gave her a cold look. "No, it doesn't work that way." She muttered, then turning to Tinkerbell. "Can you conjure me up some pills or something?"

The blonde gave her a look. "How do we ask for things nicely?"

Regina rolled her eyes. "Can you please give me some pills so I can not die today?"

"Okay, fine. Try these," she said, handing her three small pills and a glass of water.

"Oh come on love, if you're going to be a drinker you have to be able to handle the mornings," Hook told her, watching her swallow.

"I don't think I'm drinking that stuff ever again." Regina said bitterly, beginning to pace the room. "What did I do last night, I don't remember a thing!"

Tinkerbell laughed. "I have no idea. When you two came back you looked practically dead. He carried you all the way back from the pub."

Her eyes widened. "He carried me home? Oh God..."

"You'll have to ask him the rest of it," Tinkerbell said, "hopefully you didn't say anything too stupid."

This was not good. She knew it was a mistake to try that stuff.

"I'm gonna go talk to him," Regina finally sighed, "I'll see what he has to say... If he even wants to see me again."

Though she was still weak, she was able to disappear in purple smoke. She need answers.

~*~
"Are you sure I didn't say anything insanely stupid last night?"

Robin laughed at her. "You didn't, I promise." He replied, thinking in the back of his mind how she could hardly breathe because of her laughter. He wouldn't tell her about it, no, it would be his little secret on her. And because it was a secret, he didn't have to tell anyone else how badly he wanted to hear her laughter again.