The New York Experience

"What do you mean you want to go out tonight, I'm tired." Regina muttered, setting the dress wrapped in plastic wrap carefully on her bed. They had spent about four hours at the bridal shop, and the queen was beyond exhausted.

"We're in New York City on a summer night, how can we not go out?" Emma questioned, gesturing towards the outside world at their hotel window, the sun setting and the sky beginning to darken.

Regina then glanced down at all the shopping bags that were scattered along the floor space. "More shopping?"

Shaking her head, the blonde produced a few bills from her wallet. "You'll see. We need some rewards after all that work we did today."

Though she was highly wary of Emma's intentions, Regina contented to following her outside to see what she had in mind. Amazingly, there were still thousands of people walking about outside in the streets.

"I still need to call Robin back and apologize for you hanging up on him like that," Regina said, rather bitterly as she clutched her purse close to her body.

"Well we found your dress, so it was worth it!" The blonde justified, turning into a small store off to the right.

When Regina glanced up at the sign overhead, she was tempted to turn around and run while she still had the chance. "A bar, Emma? Really?"

Emma tightened her hold on her arm and sighed. "We can't be in New York and not get drunk. I didn't get to last time I was here, and after the hell you put me through today, I really need a drink."

"But I couldn't drink even if I wanted to," the former major argued, "I'm still breastfeeding, remember?"

They were still standing in front of the door, arguing over the noises of the traffic and people bustling about.

"Oh come on, this is only one night! Just let loose and have fun!" Emma persisted, opening the door to reveal a musty, slightly crowded bar, the far wall covered entirely with shelves of alcohol. "If you absolutely refuse to drink anything, the least you can do is request me more shots when I ask for them."

Regina let out a groan, knowing fighting against Emma of all people wasn't going to do any good. At the very least, she could get some funny videos of her being an idiot to help make up for the Big Mac incident a couple days prior.

"Fine. But I can promise you that you're the only one getting trashed tonight." She glowered, following her into the dismal building and soon regretting that she did. People were everywhere, drunk people, some dancing and some standing around and talking with drinks in hand. Music was blaring so loud, the queen couldn't even hear herself think. Emma jumped up on one the barstools and flagged down the bartender, ordering herself something called a Royal Bomb shot.

It wasn't long before the signs of drunkenness started to show on the blonde; she downed one after another in complete silence. Regina wondered what her deal was, (though she had never experienced her truly drunk before) but she had no idea that the bar they were in was the same exact one Neal had taken her to talk about things.

After a few minutes, the blonde gave Regina a smug smile and wiped the hair from her face. "I never pegged you as someone who never wanted to drink. Where's the fun in that?"

"I already told you Emma, I can't." She replied with slight annoyance, causing Emma to chuckle.

"You're so lame! Remember the days when you would try to make me look bad? Where's that Regina? What kind of shit happened to you after you had that baby?"

She scowled. "You just called me lame!"

Setting her shot down with a clang, Emma nodded. "Yeah, because you are. What's so scary about a drink?"