Playdate

Even after countless weeks of waking up to Regina's terrified screams, her nightmares didn't show any sign of lighting up. Will burst into her room and shook her awake again; she had stale tears on her face as she hoarsely called Robin's name into the darkness. It was becoming quite the routine for the both of them.

Regina tried slowing her breathing down and wiped away her tears, her entire body feeling numb and shaken. When she glanced at her alarm clock, she saw it was already eleven in the morning, close to the time Roland would be out of preschool.

"Damn, how'd I sleep in again?" She asked in a harsh, defeated voice.

Will gave her a sympathetic look. "I think you just need more sleep, Regina. Don't worry, I'll go get Roland from school for you."

And she was grateful for that. Regina let her head fall back onto her pillow.

"Thanks."

Her brother rolled his eyes. "Just be sure to eat something while I'm gone."

This time, she didn't even try to argue with him.

Will pulled on a jacket and headed outside towards his beaten up Toyota Camry, the rusted, outdated, and barely running vehicle, and started the engine. The school wasn't too far away, just a few minutes away from their home. Personally, Will avoided pickup times at the school as much as possible- the place was flooded with children running about every which way. But he thought he would give Regina a break.

He pulled up along the side of the school and started off towards the front door. After some amount of time spent wandering aimlessly around for the preschool section of the school, he found Roland's classroom. Soon, he was surrounded by about twenty little kids, all babbling on about something they had done that day. Will searched the room for his nephew, who he eventually spotted on the far side of the room, playing with some blocks with a blonde haired girl. The boy seemed happy to see him there.

"Hi Will!" He beamed, "can Alex come home with us so we can play?"

His question left him speechless. "Uh, did you talk to mom about it?"

Roland nodded. Just then, a man came from behind to pick up the girl.

"Daddy, can I go play with Roland?" She asked, in such a sweet voice it would be hard to refuse.

The man turned his attention towards Will. "Are you his dad?" He asked, obviously clueless to how things have been going for them during the last couple months.

"No, uncle, actually." He muttered back, trying to tame his sarcasm.

The man offered a hand out towards him. "Sean Herman, nice to meet you."

Will was never good on his people skills. He was sure he responded with something pathetic, he couldn't even remember what.

"So, is it okay for Alexandra to stay over for a while?"

Roland was tugging on the hem of his shirt, begging him to say yes. No matter how much of a tough guy he was, Will always fell weak when it came to his little nephew.

"Uh, sure. I think Regina would be fine with that."

"Awesome! I've been meaning to take Ashley out for a while now- Alex is a good girl, I promise. Right?" He playfully nudged his daughter, making her giggle. Setting her back down to the ground, he gave the three of them one last goodbye before exiting.

Will glanced at the little girl, simply staring as if he had no idea what had just happened.

"Yay! I can show you my room!" Roland smiled, bouncing off the walls with excitement.