Say Something

I guess you could call this the md-fic finale... 

--

When the door finally reopened, nighttime had completely passed over- fresh morning sunlight poured through the musty air, instantly causing Regina to wake. She had eventually fallen asleep on the cold dirt floor, curled up in a tight ball with her legs tucked in. Her entire body felt mauled and battered; it hurt to breathe. But Regina Mills was raised to be a queen; she could hear her mother's words in her head- stand up straight, shoulders back, keep your eyes locked on your enemy and never let them forget what you're capable of.

"I see you're well rested," Alan said upon entering, throwing a half loaf of bread in her direction. "You need your strength for today."

Regina continued to stare at him. "I'd rather get this thing over with."

Alan laughed for a second as she stood on her feet. He wasn't going to lie, she didn't look well at all. The bruises were still evident; in fact, they stood out more against the paleness of her face.

"They're all waiting for you, sweetheart."

Regina gave him a sobersided look. "And what will they do to me?"

"Whatever they want," Alan said, his voice sounding frivolously ominous.

She took a sharp intake of air as she began sorting out her thoughts. "Alright then. Can I talk to my children first?"

Alan stepped forward and caught both her wrists in his hands, starting to bind them with a piece of thick rope.

"Nope, we have to get you outside." He replied, giving her a light push in the direction of the open door.

Regina turned around to face him, fighting to keep her emotions under control.

"Can you tell them that I love them?"

"Boy," Alan mused, pushing her through the door, "you're really taking this well."

They both started off down the hallway; Regina kept her eyes cast down on the ground as she came closer and closer to her demise.

"I deserve all of this," she told him, "every one of those villagers hate me because I was a horrible leader. I can take whatever they throw at me- just promise me you'll let Robin, Henry and Roland go afterwards."

"We'll see."

She was being treated like an incompetent child. But then something hit her- Henry.

"Wait... what will the villagers say when they find out you kidnapped the grandson of Snow and Charming?"

Alan stiffened slightly as they continued to walk.

"Nobody will ever know they were here. Now," he stopped her as they neared the exit of the large building that served as their prison. "If you use magic in any way, I have men everywhere that can go find those two boys. You understand me?"

Regina nodded slowly. "Let's just... Get this over with."

"Good girl," he smiled, leaning forward slightly to open the door that kept them apart from the mob of villagers. Regina braced herself as golden sunlight flooded in the room, making it almost impossible to see. She noticed one thing right off the bat- the atmosphere was stone silent, quite the opposite from the way it was when she arrived.

She watched them all curiously as her vision began to clear; they were all standing in a huge mass, a thousand pairs of eyes all directed towards one single person- their beloved queen. The boiling anger was all but subtle in their countenances, but Regina didn't care. She was a queen, and a queen was what her villagers were going to see.