Change of Plans

"Seriously Robin, we can't be late again!"

It was almost eleven in the morning, yet the both of them had just barely woken up. Regina was irritated with herself for not getting up on time. They couldn't miss another chance at seeing their child. She was just about twenty three weeks now.

"I'm working on it," Robin muttered, a toothbrush sticking out of his mouth.

"Do you think the boys had fun over at the Charmings?" Regina asked as she attempted to put some makeup on. Despite them actually getting along, it still felt odd to think about her two kids being over at their apartment- and her being perfectly okay with it.

"Of course they had fun, Roland was going on and on about watching another Disney movie."

"Well, at least we didn't have to wake up to that dog barking," she said, grabbing his hand and leading him towards the stairs.

"I thought you were getting used to her!" Robin told her, pulling his shoes on as quickly as he could.

Regina gave him a look. "Never said I didn't, but Jupiter does bark all the time."

He couldn't argue with that.

"Hey- can I drive?"

Regina couldn't help but laugh in response as she grabbed her keys. "Never in a million years. Now come on, we're going to be late!"

They've been through this same routine over and over. Even though Robin had only been back for a month and a half, it was always such a nice thing to be able to go to those appointments together.

"Seriously though, shouldn't we start picking some names?" He asked, once the started off down the road.

Regina tossed him a sideways glance. "I guess... But we're going to need more time than the five minutes it'll take to get there."

"That's a start," he complied, resting his head against the headrest, "how about... Nathan?"

Regina bit her bottom lip as she registered the name. "Maybe. It's hard thinking of names... The only one I could come up with is Ethan."

"That's a great name! What're you talking about?"

Sighing, she pulled into the nearest parking space and turned off the car. "I don't know. This is our child we're talking about, he has to have a perfect name. But I suppose we have more time to think about all this. We made it just in time... Thank God."

Regina always hated how many questions Whale asked her. They were always so invasive she would rather melt down into a puddle than answer them. Robin promised her they were only for the greater good of their child, but she had never been good with interrogations like these. She didn't recall signing up for therapy when she found out she was pregnant.

"Are you sure you're alright?" Whale asked, sensing her discomfort, "nothing's unusual or hurting?"

Regina tried hard to fight the scowl that was forming on her face. "If something was wrong, don't you think I would already have talked to you about it? Now, can we see our baby?"

Robin tightened his grip around her shoulders, as if to tell her to stop talking. Thankfully, she took the bait.

"You always want to see your baby, Regina." Whale chuckled slightly to himself, flipping through her papers of information. "Well, everything looks like it's going normal, so do you two want to set yourselves up inside the ultrasound room?"

Seeing their baby made the antagonizing visit worth it. She knew it meant something special for Robin to see their child; it meant something special to her too, but her fiancé hadn't experienced technology and its benefits as long as she had.