Chapter 24: And it's Official (Part 2)

"I just wanted to proofread my paper one last time because I was getting bored since I don't have anything to do."

"But you've already done that for like, ten times already. I swear to god Jo Yuri, stop what you're doing right now or you'll never see me again." I threatened her.

"I would what—okay, alright, I give up. I'll stop. Look, I'm going to place my laptop on the side table again."

"Great. Now, eat this bread first and drink this tablet while I'm cooking something for you."

"You knew how to cook?"

"It's just porridge Yul, what could even go wrong?"

"Have you ever gone to the kitchen?"

"I haven't but like I said, it's just porridge. Only an idiot would not be able to cook something as simple as that. You don't even have to be a genius like me."

"Okay. Then I'll trust you on this one."

But boy, she was really wrong. She was intently following the instructions from what she was watching in YouTube but every time she would taste the outcome, she would just go to the sink to spit it out. She had done the same thing for five times now and she had already ran out of rice.

Yuri on the other hand, had managed to sleep due to the effects of the medicine that she drank and she had woken up because of the alarm that Yena set in order to inform her that it's already time to drink medicine again. She was wondering what happened to Yena and her kitchen.

"Yen, aren't you finished yet? It's been four hours already."

Yena had emerged from the kitchen bringing another bread and a banana.

"Here eat this and drink your medicine again."

"But where's the porridge, Yen?"

"I ate it already since you're not yet awake when I finished it." 'She was obviously lying.' Yuri thought. 'Why don't I tease her a little? I'm feeling a bit better now though I think I still have a slight fever.'

"Or maybe you really did fail like what I've predicted, Ms. Genius?" She had worn a shocked face (now Yuri knows what a shocked duck looks like) but she hid it fast. Yuri was faster to notice it, though.

"Of course, no! Wait up, maybe I had saved a bit. Let me get it."

She handed Yuri a bowl of soup that looks nothing like a porridge.

"Yen, is this really a porridge? Or are you trying to poison me?" Yuri joked.

"What? You don't want to eat it? Come on, give it back to me." She says, slightly embarrassed.

"I was just joking. Myghadniss, don't be too sensitive." Yuri laughed at Yena. She just looked away. She got the spoon and started tasting it and she wondered how could a person possibly make such an output from simple ingredients and a simple recipe.

"Hey! Stop eating. Don't finish that! Don't tell me you actually liked it?" Yuri had just swallowed the last spoonful of the soup which was supposed to taste like porridge but it did not.

"No, I did not. It tastes salty. I almost couldn't taste the rice and it looks like a clear soup instead of a porridge."

"Then why did you—"

"But you made an effort to cook it for me so I guess I have to finish eating what you cooked, at least." Yena looked away, her ears become tomato red and she proceeded to go to the comfort room.

"Yah! Why did you leave me behind you idiot! I'm calling you an idiot because you said only an idiot would fail in cooking such a simple recipe." Yuri said laughing so heartily at Yena's reaction, her eyes started watering. She then got dizzy, maybe from laughing too much when she's not even fully healed yet so she decided to sleep again after taking her medicine.