Chapter 8: Of Fortunes, Bands and a Series of Confessions (Part 2)

It was Hyewon.

So basically, Yena and Chaewon got lost in the sea of crowds and they cannot find their way in because there are so many people. Yuri received a text from Chaewon that she would wait for her in the car and that she should enjoy her first concert experience with her favorite band. She smiled at the thoughtfulness of her best friend.

She then received another message, this time it was from Yena, telling her to meet her as soon as the concert ends saying that she would now tell her what seemed to be interrupted the last time that they were in the playground during the first day of the volunteer work. She put her phone back in her bag when she had finished replying to the both of them.

She faced Hyewon. "Hey, thank you for holding my hand earlier." She tried telling her but the surrounding was so noisy from the hype coming from the excited crowd that Hyewon can't seem to understand what she's trying to say.

"What? I can't hear you." Hyewon answered, pointing at her ears.

Yuri tried shouting but her words can't seem to come across clearly to the girl that she tried another way. She tiptoed, place her hands on her left ear like a child telling her friend a secret.

"I said, thank you for holding my hand earlier." Yuri said withdrawing from the position and then proceeded to giving Hyewon a really grateful smile. She then further added as another whisper: "I wouldn't be standing here excitedly waiting for their setlist if it weren't for you.".

Even though she felt disappointed at first because she didn't get to spend this time solely with Yuri, all that was washed away by the fact that she knew she had successfully made Yuri truly happy. Even though it took her a lot of courage to do such that, she felt like that was the second greatest decision that she had made in her entire life.

"Hello, good evening everyone!" The half of the Bens, or Paolo in particular greeted everyone who attended the event. A loud cheer echoed around the place.

"We never expected this huge crowd and I'm really thankful because you all came here tonight despite of your other plans." He said giving the audience a tender smile.

"Without further ado," Miguel, her brother added "Let's start the show. Our first song for tonight's event is, 'Maybe the night'. I hope you would enjoy the show."

They started performing. Yuri just closed her eyes to feel the song. She can't help but smile because this was just part of her dream previously and now she's here, right this moment.

It was dark during that moment simply because it was nighttime but also, the organizers placed not-so-many lights but those just enough to light the place yet still maintain that dim, cozy feeling as if one is comfortably hanging out is her/her room. Maybe that was because Ben&Ben songs are those that is best with that kind of setting not unlike the other bands which plays energetic rock songs. Kumbaga, pang-senti 'yong sa kanila.

"Moon has never glowed this color

Hearts have never been this close

It was dark during that moment. But whenever Hyewon sees Yuri smiling, she couldn't help but feel like she's seeing the sun, even if it's literally nighttime. And what's even funnier is that the song playing literally talks about the night.

I have never been more certain

I will love you 'til we're old