Chapter 11: She Wants Her Back

Hey, Cupid:

How will I be able to immortalize love? Should I write it in a piece of paper? Should I draw it in the clouds? Should I carve it in a tree? Should I make a statue out of it?

Should I make it the subject of every poem I make? Should I make it into a book? Should I... would it be effective if...I would engrave it my heart?

~-~

Yuri's POV

"Chae, I thought you have classes today?" I asked her as she approached me.

"Yeah, I was about to go to my class but then I saw you entering so I decided to say hi." She said.

"Alright, I would not keep you for too long. See you around, Chae! Do good in your class, okay? Fighting~" I told her.

"Yes mom. I'll do good." She told me sarcastically. I just laughed at her and then I pushed her gently, guiding her way towards the exit. I shooed her and I proceeded to watch her disappear from my sight.

Walking to the library, searching for a peaceful space to read is me finding ways to kill time before my classes starts. After registering my name in the system, I scanned the area for a vacant table or place that I could use.

I was busy roaming my eyes when I saw someone, 5 tables away from me, busy writing something in her notebook with earphones plugged in her ears.

Kinusot-kusot ko ang aking mga mata para masiguro na tama nga ang aking nakikita. Isiningkit ko ang mga ito upang matitigan ang taong iyon. Hindi pa ako nakuntento, lumapit pa mismo ako sa kanyang kinauupuan, sapat lamang upang hindi s'ya magambala sa kanyan ginagawa upang matingnan pa s'ya ng mas malinaw.

I removed her other earphone in her ears. I saw her posture changed; she must be surprised.

"Do you mind?" I told her with a smile on my face. Hmmm...Pagtingin.

I think she was still surprised, and I am too but we'll not achieve anything if we both surrendered ourselves to shock.

"I was surprised to see you here! I didn't know you're also studying in AU." I told her with a soft voice so that the people around us would not be bothered on what they are doing.

"I... it was actually my first time here last year because I studied in a different school for my elementary and high school education." She explained to me.

"Must be the reason why we didn't cross paths since I'd been out on competitions for the most part of my last year in Senior High School." I told her. "So, what brings you here?" I asked her once again.

"Our professor did not attend the class and he didn't even tell us that he would not be attending so I have quite a lot of time to spare before my next class starts. I'm trying to use this time to write the poem that I would perform on our club's mini program for the University Week." She explained to me, showing me the notebook where she was writing on a while ago.

"Woah, that's really nice! You've always been the quiet and shy one, so I never thought you would participate in events such as spoken poetries. Not that I don't believe that you can pull that off, because I definitely know you'll do good. It's just that, I was really surprised." I told her. Alam mo 'yong nanay na nakita 'yong anak n'ya na unang beses magsalita? Ganoon ang pakiramdam ko ngayon. I'm glad she's starting to explore different things.

"I wasn't really used to doing these things but...a certain someone have become my inspiration to not be afraid to try new things because I might be missing so many things in life. That person emitted so much energy that she's even unaware that she managed to share some to me, thus, giving me enough courage to step out of my comfort zone." She told me, smiling. I was caught off guard when she then stared at me and grabbed my hands.