Chapter 25: Compromise

Hey, Cupid:

How would you spot true love?

~-~

Yuri's POV

I was busy doing my readings for my classes in med school. It was already 1 AM in the morning and I couldn't sleep so even if I've already finished accomplishing my to-do list for the day, I decided to just have an advance reading of the succeeding topics for our recitation next week.

Med school is hard and I've been busier than I was in college but I managed to survive because I always bear in mind that in this field that I had chosen, lives are at stake. I couldn't just take learning all these things lightly if I wanted to become a good doctor in the future.

I was busy highlighting parts in my book when I've received a message from a certain duck.

From: Dumb Duck <3

Hello Ms.-married-to-her-readings, I'm here at the coffee shop and I definitely know without contacting you that you're still awake. Should I order you coffee?

And oh, the package containing the signed books already arrived at my place. I'm going to deliver it to you.

After I read that simple message, I don't know but I'm smiling like an idiot at freakin' 1 AM. That is because; although Yen has a more flexible time than me since she's of course the owner of their business, she's been really busy at work especially now that she had been formally in charge of running their company. Despite of that, she would always find time to see me and spend time with me. She would sometimes drive me towards med school. We would sometimes hang out in each other's unit.

I answered yes and I asked her if she's not too busy to stay over and maybe go for a movie date here.

She soon arrived carrying two cups of coffee in her right hand and a package on the other, just in time for me to fix the bed and the stuffs that I was reading earlier.

"Oh myghadniss, is this really her newly released book? I'd been waiting for this in ages. I can't wait to read it!" I excitedly received the book from her.

"Are you really sure you don't want to go? I mean, we could personally go there, if you want."

"No, we should not. Not yet. I have to graduate in med school first and get my license."

"Alright, I understand you. I will not try to force you into doing something you're not yet prepared to do."

I just nodded at her and she gave me an understanding smile.

I was busy searching for a movie that we could watch when she suggested something, to my surprise.

"Why don't we watch any Harry Potter Movie?"

"Are you a fan of the series as well?"

"Fans lang ba ang pwedeng manood?" She said, offended.

"No, I was just surprised, sorry. I didn't peg you the type to watch such."

"Silly, I was just joking. Don't get scared of my offended look." She said as she ruffled my hair. I really thought she was offended.

"But you're still not answering my question, why would you want to watch something which is not your cup of tea?" I asked her curiously.

"This is called compromise, Ms. Ex Cupid. People in love makes compromises so that their partners would feel like they are willing to get to know them further."