Chapter 2: The Writer

Hey, Cupid:

Are there signs which could tell you that you have already fought hard enough to save a relationship? When should one stop himself from trying to revive something dead?

~-~

Yuri's POV

"Baby, please don't leave me... I'll do anything. I... I could change for you... Just please don't break up with me...", the girl with both of her hands, reached out for another girl's right hand and then lowered her head to stop her tears from falling.

"Oh god can you please stop calling me 'baby'? I've already told you, your boring personality would kill me if I would spend another minute of my life with you. Stop begging for goodness sake! Didn't you know that you look really pathetic right now? I've been sending you signals that I wanted this relationship to end for a month now but you clearly don't get it. I don't want to embarrass you in front of everyone that's why I started avoiding you quietly but you leave me with no choice."

While pretending that I'm busy reading the book that I am holding, I listened to the conversation of the couple two tables away from me. I didn't have to try hard though because even if they weren't shouting at each other, it was loud enough for me to conclude that the couple is on the verge of breaking up. This was such a nice timing. Not that I wanted them to fight but maybe I could make two couples have their 'happily ever after' today. But I should their history first.

~-~

Third Person's POV

A girl slips into a locker very early in the morning a letter that she holds in her hand. She then proceeded to her classroom where she tries to write another poem which will be the content of the letter that she would place in the locker tomorrow. This has been a routine for Hyewon for quite sometime now. Because she doesn't have the courage to do it personally, she chose to do it anonymously using the method she knew she's best at—writing. Hyewon is quite shy to admit it, but her professors have always been really vocal about how good her works are, saying all the literary pieces that she created could effectively catch the interest of the readers because she weaves the words in such a way that it successfully shows the emotions that she likes to convey—be it sadness, happiness, horror and others. This was such a contrast to her personality because everybody knows that Hyewon is a really timid person, she rarely talks and is very emotionless whenever she does.

However, it was unbeknownst to everyone but Hyewon is really a softie inside and a hopeless romantic for that matter. It might sound strange but she's hoping that she could meet the girl in her dreams. By dreams she means, the literal dream that she experiences every night in her sleep. You can't blame her though for thinking this way; it was one thing to have someone appear in your dreams once or a couple of times, but it's another story when it happens over and over again. And so even if it was quite impossible because she didn't even know if such a person exists, that girl has been the subject of every poem she is writing—kind of like the one who inspires her to write beautiful verses.

Going back to the story, it was the first day of literature class when Hyewon met the girl she is crushing on. There was no seating arrangement yet since well, it was just the first meeting. Hyewon likes to sit at the back because she's not good at socializing. She's just observing everyone from her seat when a particular girl entering the classroom had caught her attention. She stared at the girl just long enough for her to not be considered a creep as she is thinking deeply, where she had met the girl. Her eyes widened upon her realization. She resembles the girl from her dreams! They don't share the exact same face but if the girl in her dreams would have an identical twin, this girl in front of her who is busy looking for an available seat would be perfect for the role.