Chapter 17: The Past (Part 1)

Hey, Cupid:

Will knowing the past would make you question your present?

~-~

Third Person's POV

"Husband? Are you kidding us? Ano, dahil lang naniwala kami sa sinasabi ni Yuri paniniwalaan ka na rin namin? Ilang rugby ba ang nasinghot mo at kung ano-anong pinagsasabi mo r'yan? Cupid's wife is Psyche and I can assure you, she's a freakin' goddess and not just a mere student of AU." Yena said, clearly not convinced by what she heard.

Upon hearing this, Yuri studied the girl's face. She was so disoriented earlier that she didn't care about anything at all. She seems awfully familiar but she can't pinpoint when and where she had seen such a face.

"Is that what you think? Then, let me introduce myself since I didn't get the chance to do that earlier. I'm Psyche, Cupid's wife." She said, as some sort of a blinding light envelope her and the moment the four opened their eyes again, her clothes changed into that worn by goddesses as described in the mythological books. The four tried to rub their eyes.

"Awww. What the hell Chaewon?" Yena ranted, scratching the back of her head smacked by Chaewon.

"It hurt? So, this must be true?" Chaewon said looking amazed after hitting Yena at the back of her head.

"No, no, no. It isn't. Let's check it again, I'm going to hit you this time." Yena tried to do the same to Chaewon but she managed to dodge.

"Stop it you guys! You just experienced the weirdest thing in your life and all you do is brawl? For goodness sake, there's a goddess in front of you!" Yuri said, stopping the little scene that the two is starting.

"You all haven't changed, have you? Just like how I met you in the festival." Psyche meaningfully said.

'Festival? What was she saying? Is she the...'

"OH MYGHADNISS, YOU'RE THE LITTLE GIRL FROM THE FESTIVAL? THE ONE WHO HAVE LOST HER MOTHER?" Yuri said, clearly surprised.

"Bingo. You're really smart, Yuri. I'll give you credit for that." Psyche said amused with the surprised and confused faces of the four in front of her.

"That's why...that's why you just magically poofed and nobody remembered your existence aside from me. And...that's why you oddly knew about my family's secret." Yuri said with an imaginary lightbulb showing at the top of her head upon such realization.

"But before I forgot, you had just insulted my husband which happens to be a god, didn't you? So, it's just fair for me to give you punishment, yes?" The four have been blinded by light for a second time and they lost consciousness.

They woke up in a room painted white, with a huge cinema-like screen in front of them. It was like they were brought there to watch what was happening on the screen.

On the screen were people talking a language not too familiar in today's Filipino generation but they have an idea of, since some Filipino words were derived from it—Spanish. They could see people wearing the traditional clothing during the Spanish Colonial era and there were many vintage houses around.

Afterwards, the screen was divided into four panels. Each panel focused on a particular person who, for the most part looked exactly like the four of them except they were wearing the clothes that was described earlier.

"Is that us?" Yuri said intriguingly. However, even if those people resemble them, they talked and acted way differently.

"Technically, yes." They heard a voice coming from somewhere. "That was you, but in your past lives. Surprise, surprise! You've already known each other on your past lives!" The voice announced gleefully clearly entertained by the look on the faces of the four.