Chapter 15: Their Worries

Hey, Cupid:

Being in love, makes one always wish for the happiness of the one they love. But what if that happiness isn't you? Would you still try? Or would you just let go?

~-~

Yuri's POV

Today is the last day of the University Week. Just like Hyewon, Yena tried hard to contact me and just like Hyewon, I've been avoiding her for the past three days. The last message I sent her was that I am trying to process everything first so I asked her to give me some time, and that I'll soon contact her myself. From then on, just like Hyewon, she stopped trying to get in touch with me. The two were very understanding of my feelings that every day, my guilt was growing more and more.

I've been distracted the past few days. I've been trying to reflect on my actions and I'm trying to formulate the best decision so that I'll hurt them less. It's impossible not to hurt them at this point, I'm fully aware of that especially now that I'm sure their love is indeed genuine and sincere. I...actually don't know what to do.

I was still in my deep thoughts when I felt two hands grabbing my arms.

"Wait, wait, where are you going to take me?" I asked. 'I don't even know them, why are they dragging me somewhere?'

"You're under arrest! We'll be bringing you to our jail booth. The category was: people wearing face masks. I actually was surprised that we've managed to find one. I mean, who would wear a face mask inside the campus. That's such a hassle." 'Well, I agree with her on that matter but there are so many people today in the university that I needed to take safety precautions.'

I just let them take me. There's no use resisting. I could just bail myself out.

They brought me to a classroom that was decorated as an inmate's cell. They put divisions on the classroom to make it seem like there were many prison cells. As I've approached my designated cell, I saw someone familiar. It was Chae.

"Excuse me, but can I request to be in the same cell with that girl? I knew her and I thought it would be nice if I at least knew someone here." I tried to request.

"Oh sure. Come on."

"Chae! Where have you been? Ngayong last day lang kita nakita. Ni hindi mo binisita 'yong booth namin kahapon." I tried to act sulky.

"Yuri? What are you doing here? You were also caught?" 'I see. Avoiding my questions with another question. I'll make sure to know what it is.'

"That goes the same for you. I was caught because I was wearing face mask." And so, I removed my face mask since its only Chae that I'm interacting with right now.

"Me? I was caught because I was wearing a hoodie. I didn't try to run, that would just exhaust my energy. Also, I've been searching for a place to finish a project so I just followed them here. It's not noisy in here so I guess it's a win-win situation for me? I've been working on a project for the past few days so basically, this is my first time attending the u-week."

"What project?"

"You'll know soon." She winked at me.

A woman approached our cell again. Oh, I forgot I have to bail myself out.

"So, Chae, would you just stay here? Because I'm going to—"

"Ay, miss, if you're trying to bail for yourself, I am here to tell you that you can't do that. We wouldn't allow you to."

"What? Why?"

"Because according to our rules, only a free person can bail you out. So, if you wouldn't manage to call someone to bail for you, you have to wait here for two hours and after that, we'll let you out, only after undergoing our wedding booth. It is actually us who are assigning partners but we could also take your requests."