Chapter 19: Last Date (Part 1)

Hey, Cupid:

What would you do when leaving home is the only option you have to save it from the storm? Would you rather be homeless? Or would you stay even if it means watching home get wrecked right before your very eyes?

~-~

Hyewon's POV

"Don't sacrifice yourself for me. I don't deserve it, Hyewon." Yuri said, crying, the moment we were transported back in the classroom.

"You aren't the one to decide whether or not you deserve the things you are receiving and are about to receive, Yuri. Because even if you thought that way about yourself, I still think offering my life to protect you even if it means...losing my memories of you is the best decision that I would ever make." I told her, the last line was almost a whisper.

"But..."

"I don't wanna hear anymore 'buts' from you Yuri. Just meet me one last time tomorrow as a parting gift. Have a date with me, Yuri."

"I... won't do it. I won't do it if you won't promise me you wouldn't take back the wish that you told Cupid." Yuri said, determined to make me back down.

"That would not make me take back my words Yuri. Even if you wouldn't meet me tomorrow, I'll still go to Cupid and form a contract with him.

But I will wait for you Yuri. On the usual café. I know you wouldn't fail me. I'll be there during their usual opening time. I'll be expecting you, Yuri."

"I... don't know anymore." She said as she walked away from the classroom.

Yena and Chaewon were about to follow after her when I stopped them.

"Guys, let me talk to you for a while." They just nodded.

"So, let me just tell you guys that even if it's just recently that we had been talking to each other, I already consider you two as friends. We might have started wrongly, but thanks to Yuri's influence, we managed to sort out our differences. We might be rivals when it comes to her, but I had grown to be accustomed to your annoying attitudes that I don't find them annoying anymore. Well, maybe just a bit now." I chuckled at the thought.

"Are you...perhaps saying good bye to us now?" Chaewon told me.

"Am I? Maybe I am. You two after all, are the closest friends that I have had except from Yuri even if we started off as rivals."

"But, Yuri was right. Why does it have to be you, Hyewon? Why not me? I... I...have been such a really horrible person in my past life. It's only right that it is I who would sacrifice for her sake. I...have to make it up to her. Yuri must have hated me by now. She didn't even look at me the moment we finished watching the entire thing." Chaewon said, eyes filled with sadness maybe because she remembered what had happened during the past.

"Are you really, seriously doubting Yuri's affection towards you, right now, Chaewon? Yuri, of all people would be the first one to disregard whatever atrocious things your past self did because the Chaeyoung of the past is not and will never be the same with the Chaewon of the present.

Also, among us three, admit it or not, even if no romantic feelings are involved, Yuri cares about you the most. Isa pa, even if she had only told me glimpse of your life mainly because it's not her story to tell whenever we talked about the characters from the book we read and the character would suit you, girl, I might say that your sufferings in this lifetime were more than enough to atone for the sins that you had in the past. And if that wasn't enough of a reason yet, then let's just say that this is me giving you a chance to redeem your past self that had not received forgiveness from Yuri.