Chapter 24: And it's Official (Part 1)

Hey, Cupid:

Why do people struggle to put labels on relationships when their feelings are as clear as the blue sky?

If you like it then you should have put a label on it, right?

~-~

Yena's POV

"Yul, you've been really stressed lately, why don't you take a break from acads for a while. Come on, go get a breather or something." I told the hamster-looking girl across the table who is busy typing things on her laptop.

I was just casually sitting on my chair, sipping the strawberry-flavored milk tea that I had ordered. She removed her eyes from the screen and then she looked at my direction.

"This is basically my rest, Yen. You know things are way busier whenever I'm not with you. I'm sorry, research and other stuffs really takes up a lot of my time." She said as she came back to what she was doing.

Right, we were both fourth-year college students who were busy with on-the-job trainings and thesis writing.

The only difference is that, Yul's thesis adviser instructed them to conduct theirs individually while mine was done in groups. We were basically just finishing the prototype of what we will present in the final defense and then we're good to go.

On the other hand, Yul right here, aside from doing it individually, she wouldn't even ask help from me and what's worse, she's a perfectionist who would redo everything once she found out something was done wrongly.

She's already finished with the experiments and thank God, the last one was perfect so she's now continuing writing the other parts of her research.

Well, I don't really feel bored watching her even if she's not talking to me right now but, I'm afraid her body would soon fail her because of fatigue. Good thing her on-the-job training had already ended last week so she could finally focus on her paper.

"Yul, I heard you were praised by the head of the laboratory where you had conducted your OJT. Congratulations, you did a good job." I told her, giving her a two-thumbs up. She smiled after hearing me say that.

"Well, it's really hard juggling things but I'm glad I was able to push through. Isa pa, ikaw din naman ah. Congrats, too." She gave me an eye smile.

"Maliit na bagay. Well, what would you expect from me? Of course, I always deliver." I told her proudly.

"I know. And you did great, Ms. Perfect." She told me as she stopped what she was doing, gave me another eye smile and then she proceeded to pat my head gently.

I got speechless for a while. I didn't even notice immediately that she had already gone back to her seat and continue what she was doing. 'What the hell? I didn't know my heart would beat really fast just because I receive a freakin' pat on my head. Tanggap ko na ba na para akong aso ngayon na napuri ng owner n'ya? Stop gay-panicking, Yena. Stop it.'

"Oh myghadniss, Yen. Isn't that Pao and Miguel? Hala!" She suddenly panicked and I traced the direction where she was looking at. It was true, that was them.

"Go ahead, you should greet them. What are you waiting for?" I asked her confused.

"Their album, Yen. I forgot to bring it! What should I do?" She asked me panicking.

"Do you trust me?"

"What are you saying? Ang random mo naman."

"I think it would still take a while since they would still wait for their order, so talk to them first. I'm gonna go back and magically bring an album for you."