Chapter 5: Confession

Hey, Cupid:

Just how much courage should one have in order to successfully confess to the one they love? Should you do it once you've realized that you love them? Or should you wait for the perfect opportunity first?

~-~

[Back to the present]

Yuri's POV

Ngayong araw ang simula ng pagvo-volunteer ko dito sa medical mission na part ng charity work ng family namin. Chae was driving me towards the venue. She stopped when we reached the place.

"I'll see you again later? Remember not to talk to anyone suspicious, okay? Take care of yourself." I have to listen to her, I'll try not to make my presence be felt or else I'll be in trouble na naman. This is an important event, there shouldn't be any mishaps. I wore my mask as I got out of the car.

I already talked her into joining me in this event but Chae, being a huge introvert that she is does not really want to interact with other people so she firmly rejected my idea. Welp, maybe I'll try some other time. Hindi naman pwedeng forever na s'yang magtatago sa mundo.

"Oh, Ms. Jo, welcome!" the head organizer greeted me.

"Uhm, Ms. Lily, can ask a little favor from you?" I slightly pull down my mask as a way to show my courtesy.

"Anything, Miss Jo."

"Please address me as Yuri during this event at all times. I wanted to do this normally and associating myself with my surname would not do the trick for me. I wanted to be treated like a normal volunteer."

"Sure, sure Miss—I mean Yuri."

"Thank you, Miss Lily. So what work will you give me?"

"For today Yuri, since you said you wanted to know a little about the profession, I would assign you sa documentation if you don't mind. That way, you could do your observations and you could also ask the doctors if you have any question." She told me, handing me a DSLR camera.

"Copy, Miss Lily. Thank you for agreeing to my suggestion. I hope this event would be a success."

"No, it's your family that we should thank, Yuri. Marami na naman kayong matutulungan through this."

"We've been really blessed and this is the least we could do to give back to other people. Pay it forward, sabi nga nila."

"Well, you can just approach me or the other staffs if ever you have any questions Yuri. I'll excuse myself for now."

"Go ahead Miss Lily." I smiled at her again as I pulled my mask up.

"Yuri? Is that you?" I heard a familiar voice from my back.

"Uy, Yena! I did not know you're also volunteering in this medical mission?"

"Well, my family also donated in this event. I kind of involved myself in the procurement process of the resources that they will be needing and I'm here to check whether all those have been delivered and if they are lacking anything. I originally planned to leave after checking but I guess it wouldn't hurt if I would also help."

I nodded my head. "That's nice, we need as much help as we can get to make this event successful." I smiled at her. Well, she might not be able to see it though, since I'm wearing a mask.

"Wait, Yuri. The last time we met in the hospital, you gave me your number, right?"

"Yeah. And I was a bit surprised kasi you haven't contacted me ever since. You also told me you saved your number to my phone so that I could update you on my condition but turns out you didn't." I said as I got my phone from my bag and scroll through the contacts to show her that I don't have her number.