Chapter 14: Cupid Duties (Part 1)

Hey, Cupid:

What if love doesn't feel the same way about you? Would you still pursue love? And if you did, and nothing changes, when should you tell yourself that, 'You already did your best, now's the time to stop.'?

~-~

Yuri's POV

It's the second day of the University Week and since yesterday, I've been avoiding Hyewon as much as I can. I've been rejecting her phone calls and ignoring her texts. I'm trying to be more aware of my surroundings just like now, so that if ever I would see her, I could hide and run away.

I know I shouldn't do this to her after she had bravely confessed to me yesterday but...I have my own reasons. I don't want to hurt her because she's become one of my closest friends but I guess it can't be helped. Just, not now. I'm trying to think of a better way to handle this thing since I'm well aware that I couldn't run away from her forever and I at least want to save our friendship from being ruined. But I think now's not the time with me handling our booth and all...

She texted me today asking me if we could talk and that she's willing to personally go in our booth. I replied telling her that I would be very busy today and I apologize because I wouldn't be able to entertain her request. I promised her that I would soon talk to her after I cleared my head.

Don't get me wrong, she's a great girl but...

"Yuri, is the set up comfortable for you?" one of my orgmates asked me which made me came back to reality.

"Yeah, thank you. You guys did well on decorating this! I'm more than amazed." I gave them two thumbs up to signify that I'm doing fine sa pwesto ko. It's actually a made-up small room inside the classroom that was assigned to us.

The set-up is quite similar to that of Hyewon's club. We had also assembled an eating place in which we are serving snacks, pastas, breads as well as cold and hot drinks. What makes us different is that instead of providing the customers with performances, we are providing them with assistance when it comes to their love lives. A cupid's advice, if I would put it. Literally.

The one who suggested that idea was of course, none other than me. It's like hitting two birds with one stone; I get to contribute something helpful to my organization and I also get to perform my cupid duties.

The room was designed like some sort of a fortune telling booth, except that the one that we went to during the festival was fancier and instead of cards and crystal ball, it was decorated with hearts having the overall theme of red and white. Also, rather than dressing me up as a fortune teller with the all the printed clothes and pieces of jewelry, they had prepared an angel wings for me and a white flower crown.

I was really surprised when they made me wear this. This wasn't included on our plan, maybe they prepared this yesterday since I haven't seen this costume until today. This might also be the reason why they insisted for me to wear a white dress today. 'I can't even with their extraness.' I just went with the flow, it wouldn't hurt naman if I would dress up as an angel for a day.

I was about to wear my face mask (to prevent disasters, baka imbis na matulungan ko 'yong mga mag-jowa, ako pa 'yong maging dahilan ng paghihiwalay nila) when my orgmate stopped me.

"Uy Yuri, what are you doing? Sayang naman 'yong pagme-makeup namin sa 'yo." They told me.

"Hmmm...it's really hard to explain why I'm doing this, but, think of this as a way to prevent disaster later. Trust me, this would be better." I told them shyly.

"Is that really necessary? Well, it can't be helped then. But what about, instead of a mask, we just put a piece of mesh cloth in your face? I really think the face mask would ruin the outfit, no offense Yuri." They suggested, quickly finding a mesh somewhere.