Chapter 30: This isn't the End (Part 1)

Hey, Cupid:

Is it only by chance that people meet each other or are we bounded by the fact that our fate had already been written down and we just have to accept it whether we like it or not?

~-~

Yena's POV

"Joyyul, you must be tired from the flight. Galing ka pa naman sa shift mo from the hospital before boarding the plane, make sure to rest first, alright? You can take a shower first para makapagpahinga ka na agad." I told her as soon as we enter the hotel room where we are going to spend the three days of our stay here in Korea.

"Thank you, Yen. I'll go first then."

Matagal na rin mula nang una naming pinagplanuhan na pumunta rito. It was I who personally brought the idea down to Yuri that day when I noticed that she's slowly regaining her memories of her—of Hyewon.

(A/N: When I asked you guys who is the 'she' they were referring at on the latter part of the Chapter 26, the answer is Hyewon. <3)

[Flashback before their college graduation]

"Yul, I brought you—"

"Yena..." I saw her in her bed crying while holding a book. Her laptop's in front of her, opened. I immediately went to her and hugged her.

"What's wrong, Yul?" I asked her gently.

"I—my memories they're..."

"Are they perhaps slowly coming back?" I felt her nod her head.

"I've been observing you for days now Yul and my suspicion has been proven true. It's fine. It's fine. Everything's going to be fine." I told her as I caressed her back.

We stayed like that until she was calm and composed enough to talk about what happened.

"I was confused at first, Yen. It started this year. I...could faintly remember a person but I can't seem to totally picture out her image on my mind no matter how deep I dig on memories. Then every night, in my dreams, I would see someone.

Sitting on one of the tables of the coffee shop I used to go to when we're still studying in AU, reading something while listening to the music from the earphones placed on her ears.

Every day, I would figure out another fragment of memory. I'm still not sure about it all, but I'm already very much aware that I had erased someone from my memories. The memories are coming in a random order and that's making my mind even more chaotic; I always tend to space out and have headaches.

Until today. I had dreamed of her Yen. I had dreamed of Hyewon—of what happened four years ago. I'm not really sure what had triggered it all, but now I...

...I have all my memories back."

"Is that why...you tried searching for her name on the web?" She just nodded at me.

"I found out that she's already a book writer in Korea and she recently just made her debut."

"Do you perhaps...want to go to her, Yul?" I asked her, a little scared of what she would say. I actually know what happened to Hyewon because I also tried searching for her. When Chaewon visited us during the first quarter of the year, I got to talk to her whether she had seen or known Hyewon since she's already residing in Korea. She told me she had heard of the name but she really didn't get the chance to meet that person since Hye's very private and would only attend book signing events. However, I chose not to tell Yul because I don't want her to be confused again and worse, suffer again for the second time around.