Chapter 30: This isn't the End (Part 2)

"Something good happened? You look happier than earlier."

"You wouldn't believe it." And then I told her what had happened.

"That was...amazing. Maybe fate's not being fuck-faced anymore?" I just laughed at what she said.

The event started with the introduction and all other formalities. We lined up near her table. I saw her eyes glowing, just like stars while she was talking to her fans, asking them what they would like as a dedication.

Hyewon; I'm really glad she got to do what she had always dreamed of and she even become successful in it, touching the hearts of many readers that had stumble upon her works. I'm glad she's been well and happy. That's just what I've always wanted to confirm with my two eyes. That's what I've been wishing for every day since the time my memories came back.

"Oh, Ms. Yuri? From earlier."

"Yes, it's me. I'm glad you could remember my name even if I just accidentally say it earlier."

"I really am trying to remember the names of my fans to let them know I value them. What do you want me to write on your book?"

"Can we be friends?"

"Is that what you really want me to write?"

"Oh, no. That's a serious question from me." I looked at her. "Sorry if that was very random. I'm just taking chances."

She looked at me then she chuckled. "Sure, let's be friends." She then held out her hands for a handshake.

"Then, I think this is what I would write as my dedication to you." She said as she started scribbling words on the first page of my book. It says:

'Hello, new friend! I'm in your care from now on.'

She gave me back the book, smiling, and then we took a quick picture.

"Until we meet again, book buddy." I told her as I left, for it's already time for the next fan.

Yen and I, for the whole day, just stayed at the hotel. Well, not entirely because Yena had been busy organizing something. This could be anti-climactic, but I think she was preparing a surprise for me since it's going to be our fifth anniversary as a couple tomorrow. I could be wrong though.

I just let her do that without showing signs that I'm suspecting her because of course, I would want her surprise to be successful. Isa pa, what happened earlier was really overwhelming. I needed to recharge my energy since we would stroll around the tourist spots for the last time tomorrow morning until afternoon before Yena and I board our flight at night.

I didn't know I had drifted to sleep when I felt a hand tapped me, waking me up from my slumber.

"Yul, wake up please. We're going somewhere."

"Where? What time is it?"

"It's 8 PM, we're going to have our late dinner in Namsan Tower. Come on."

"Alright, should I wear something nice?" I asked her suspiciously.

"No, you can wear whatever you want. I just thought that we might miss the night scenery in Namsan Tower since we're already boarding our flight tomorrow. Why, are you expecting something?"

"No, none at all." I chuckled nervously. Maybe I'm right, the surprise would be tomorrow.

I just wore my usual comfortable clothes, long sleeves shirt tucked in a maong pants since it could be cold during the night even if it's still summer.