Chapter 10: Rewriting the Stars

Hey, Cupid:

What would you when a time comes and you looked at love and then you realize love had changed over the years to the point where there are still fragments of love's past self but everything feels different?

~-~

Yuri's POV

"Yuri! I didn't know I'll see you here." Yena said waving at my direction.

"Baliw, I softly smacked her arms. It's you whom I was surprised to see here. You said you've been with your school ever since forever so why transfer here during college?" I asked her, clearly baffled.

"Just a change of environment. Isa pa, I heard your school offers greater quality of education when it comes to business programs so I decided to go here." She explained to me.

"By the way, are your classes done? I was just about to go to the cafeteria to have lunch before my first class starts today. Care to join me?"

"My first schedule ended but I still have my next class in building C at 1:30 PM."

"Wow, then we should really eat together, I'll also have my class at building C on the same schedule. Wait, this would be a huge coincidence but... is your subject perhaps Rizal's Life and Works?"

I saw her got shocked. So, we would attend the same subject?

"No way." She said, clearly amazed. Well, who wouldn't be, there are too many students here in AU so it's really rare to be classmates with people of a different degree program.

"Yes way." I grinned at her. I saw her composed herself.

"Then that means this is yet again the start of our competition." She said smirking at me. I never once backed down in a competition.

"Yeah, bring it on." I chuckled. "But before that, let's eat first, shall we?" I told her. We went to the cafeteria and talked about a lot of things. If I'm competitive, Yena is a lot more competitive than I am that she even tried to start a game when we were eating.

"You know what, you should just reserve your energy for the class later so that you might have the chance to defeat me from being the best student." I provoked her. That made her shut up and glare at me. Really, this kid. I can't believe she's really a college student and was preparing to run a whole conglomerate. I smiled at the thought.

~-~

There weren't really many men in the class so I was a bit rejoicing at the thought (since I would only avoid few of my classmates). I was talking to Yena about random things when our professor entered the classroom.

I was just teasing Yena earlier when I challenged her because I believe that college professors don't really give their classes activities during the first day except for the 'introduce yourself' portion which was already a given.

She was wearing a kimona but instead of a traditional flowery saya, she's wearing a pencil skirt with prints that looked like they were embroidered by an indigenous tribe. I'm quite familiar with that since I came across it when we were studying ethnic tribes in high school. When my eyes directed at her shoes, I was amused because she was wearing snickers. Must be her modernized take on the traditional Filipino costume. It looks good on her though. May tangan-tangan siyang bayong na malamang ay lalagyan ng kanyang mga gamit. She proceeded to greet the class. The subject Rizal's Life and Works could be taught both in English and Filipino so she said that she doesn't really care about what medium we will use for as long as we could convey our thoughts clearly.