Chapter 7

—Harry POV—

I got to the guest room, where I found I had been sleeping more often than not, and flopped down into the bed. God. I can't believe I let that happen. I felt a bit stupid, honestly. I can't look at her or  Malfoy in the eyes now without remembering how ridiculously I'd behaved. As my mind raced and spun with embarrassment my wrists began to itch and sting with want. I deserve it, don't I. But I'd felt so drained that moving did not seem favorable. So, I hugged myself.

Slowly I became a small ball under the covers, trying to squeeze my arms to get rid of that nagging feeling. He thinks I've gone mad. Ginny is probably more embarrassed than I am. If only I'd been paying more attention, if only I knew when not to panic. My breaths quickened as I began to cry silently; squeezing myself tighter, as if I was trying to comfort myself, when the truth is, I was trying to stop myself from going and marking up my wrists. My body shook as I curled tighter crying more. I can't believe Hermione saw me earlier. That I seemed like a shell of myself at dinner. That I'd allowed Malfoy's simple gesture of assistance to tip me over the edge. Before I knew it, My eyes began to droop, and I fell asleep with tears in my eyes, too exhausted to wipe them away.

—Draco POV—

I went to my room after tucking in Scorpius. Harry's disheveled look etched in my consciousness. He looked defeated, yet extremely guarded about it. As though he couldn't admit that he'd let himself down.

His wife's words kept bouncing about my head. Issues... what issues did he have? She mentioned that some sprouted and others had just worsened... but I don't remember him anything like that in school. I put on my pajamas and got in bed. Why did Harry leave from his room to the spare? It doesn't seem he's having trouble with Ginny or anything. Besides wouldn't he want her if he was feeling bad? My head was heavy and my mind was racing. I tried to fight off sleep, yet found the idea of succumbing more and more appealing. My last thoughts being: I will figure out what happened.

—Harry POV—
—4 days later—

I woke to somebody gently shaking me. That somebody being Ginny.

"Harry remember your medicine please. With food. I have to go off to work early today. And I may be back late as well." I nodded as I turned to face her and groaned.

"Remember Teddy's tutor gets here at 8. Okay?" I nodded again, still half asleep. "Alright. It's 6:30. Remember to call me if anything." I nodded again. Not having the energy to speak yet. "Goodbye."

I lay in my bed silently looking at nothing in particular. Then my vision wandered towards my arm. Specifically the one in front of me. I traced down all the old lines as though mentally feeling them. I closed my eyes tightly as they watered and turned my head towards the ceiling. I took a tired breath. I don't know how I'll survive the day when I'm like this as soon as I awoke. I figured I should try to go back to sleep since I knew I had an hour until I had to wake Teddy. Maybe that's what I need in order to feel better. Just a nap.

—Draco POV—

It was around midday when I allowed Scorpius a break from his school work to eat lunch. I have him homeschooled because I don't want to risk his magic setting off in public, surrounded by Muggles. Not that he's had many magical outbursts, but I'd rather keep it safe. I'm not quite sure what will happen when he turns 11. I might home school him, or he will go to Hogwarts back in London or Ilvermorny in this country. I'm not sure if I can go back. I don't have a proper home up there and I'm definitely not returning to the manor. There's too much that has happened within those walls. I sighed at the thought. As I was watching him play on the swing set in the backyard, my mind wandered back to Scarface and his unusual behavior. I looked at my watch and noticed it had been an hour.