Chapter 36

—Draco POV—

I was woken in the middle of the night by the now familiar mumbling and whimpering of Harry. I looked around in the dark to see him uncomfortably moving around, ultimately uncovering himself. I crawled out of the bed, careful not to wake Scorpius, and made my way over to him.

"Harry. Harry." I whispered, trying to get him to wake up. I noticed he was sweating profusely and his eyes were scrunched up. I shook him gently.

"Harry." I said again.

I heard him whimper "n-no" before opening his eyes, and for a second, I swear I saw the lost look of the 11 year-old boy in madam Malkin's robe shop.

"Draco..." he whispered.

"I'm here. Let's take a walk and get some air." I suggested, pulling on a coat and shoes. Harry got up, doing the same, and I saw him grab his wand.

"What do you need that for?" I whispered, walking closer to him. "Come on, let's just go. It's a walk." I told him. He shook his head.

"I need it just in case-"

"In case of what? Come on. No wand."

"But-"

"Harry, you're safe here with me." I said softly, wrapping him into a hug and kissing the crown of his head. "You don't need the wand."
He looked at me, as if unsure, and adjusted his glasses before blinking a few times.

"Okay." He said.

We walked out the back door, into the quiet, cold night. I wrapped my arm around his waist as we walked, and he did the same.

"What was your dream about?" I asked, looking towards him.

"To be honest, I can't quite remember..."

"You were talking in your sleep again... you don't do that often."

"I'm sorry." He said, casting a downward gaze.

"It's alright. Though, the stuff you say... it's-"

"It's nothing." He interrupted, I looked at him with a face that said 'seriously?'.

"You talk about people hurting you, and locking you up. Or people getting killed..." I told him.

He furrowed his brows, and even in the moonlit darkness, I could see he was thinking deeply.

"It's just... stuff. I'm fine though... they're just nightmares... let's talk about something else." He said. I cast him an unsure glance before nodding hesitantly.

"Have you read any good books lately?"

"I actually don't particularly enjoy reading. It's a hassle, and it takes time." Harry said. I looked at him, slightly surprised.

"I actually quite enjoy reading, but I haven't anything new to read. I need to find some new things, whether they be stories or biographies, I really don't mind."

"Why am I not surprised?" He asked with a slight chuckle, I felt a smile tug at my lips. I love when he sounds happy.

"I didn't get top marks at school for nothing, I love reading." I replied smartly. Still enjoying the smile on his face.

"It surprises me that you and Hermione never got along. She reads all the time." That look of happiness that I don't get to see often enough began to fade. I stopped walking and looked at him.

"I don't know. But I do know that your smile is beautiful." I said. "It shows that bit of carefree happiness."

He laid his head on my chest, hugging my waist lazily, and let out a sigh. After a moment of silence, he spoke.

"Let's get back inside... it's cold."

When we got inside Harry asked if he could use the restroom.

"Okay but I need to go after you, so don't take long." I whispered, conscious of the two children sleeping in the room.

—Harry POV—

I flushed the toilet and went to wash my hands, when I realized there was no soap left. I opened the cabinet to find an extra soap bar, but I spotted an old, used razor. My eyes fixed onto it and my breath hitched. I glanced at the door quickly before looking back at it. I grabbed it, beginning to take it apart. Just in case. I told myself, tinkering with the small object. You never know when you might need to use it.

Soon, I heard a soft knock on the door.

"Harry, I can't hold it much longer." Said Draco through the other side, my movements became feverish as the razor's pieces fell apart in my hands. I grabbed the least rusty blade and tucked it into the waistband of my boxers. It pressed against my hip as I quickly washed my hands, turned off the water, dried my hands, and finally opened the door.

"Sorry. I had to get a new bar of soap." I said, gesturing towards the new bar of soap by the sink.

"It's alright. Go ahead and get some rest. I need to use the toilet." He said, I let him into the bathroom and closed the door behind me, walking towards the bag we had packed when we came here. I opened the smallest compartment and put the old blade in there. It's for the future. To replace the one Draco got rid of. My mind said. I crawled back into the bed next to Teddy, hugging a pillow for comfort.

A few minutes later, I heard the door open, and saw Draco walk out of the bathroom.

"Draco..." I whispered sleepily. He turned to face me, and I opened my arms, sitting up in the bed. He walked towards me, giving me the hug I wanted. I stood, wanting to make the hug more comfortable, and we stayed there for a minute, before Draco spoke.

"Is everything alright?" He whispered into my ear, still hugging me. I nodded.

"I just wanted to be with you for a second."