Chapter 31

—Harry POV—

"Neville, Luna!"

The two of them stood behind me with smiles on their faces.

"How've you been? It's been years!" Said Neville reaching to pat me on the back. I didn't let my surprise at the gesture show, holding back a flinch.

"Yeah. Things have been quite interesting these past few years actually. How about you all?" I responded.

"I met someone, his name is Rolf. He's a Magizoologist, like me." said Luna in her usually calm tone, wearing a gentle smile.

"Really? That's fantastic Luna. How about you Neville?"

"Actually, Hannah Abbott and I are to be married soon. You remember her, don't you?"

The name sounded awfully familiar, and I remembered she was in Dumbledore's army, but that was basically it.

"Of course, she was in the DA with us."

"Yes! Exactly." He said with a smile. I returned it.

"What about you and Ginny? How have the two of you been?" He asked, I sucked in a breath, hiding my discomfort.

"W-We are fine, things have happened but, everything is alright." I said, plastering a fake smile onto my features, one that quite obviously faltered.

"You're just saying that. What's wrong?" Said Luna, taking a seat beside Neville, in front of me. I sighed.

"It's... a long, complicated story. One I'm not particularly fond of sharing, at least not at the moment... I'm going to get a drink."

Luna seemed concerned by what I said about Ginny, Neville gave me a confused look.

"Didn't you tell me you were going to stop after that one party Seamus threw in 6th year?" He asked, leaning towards me.

"Seamus always threw parties." I said unenthusiastically.

"Yeah, and you could take back entire bottles of Firewhiskey with no problem." He retorted.

"Harry are you sure you want a drink? You don't seem to be acting yourself today." I heard Luna question.

"Yes. I'm fine." I said shortly, growing annoyed.

"No... I'm calling Ron and Hermione." Said Neville, taking out his cell phone.

"Don't" I said sharply, burning my eyes into Neville's. They both stared back at me.

"I'm sorry... Just, don't call them please." I said. Calming my breaths.

"Fine. But I'm not letting you order a drink."

I scoffed at that. "Neville, one drink won't do anything."

"Easy for you to say isn't it." He shot back. I kept my head down trying to hide my anger. My leg was bouncing up and down rapidly. I focused on stopping the movement. Just then, Neville stood abruptly. "I'll be in the restroom." he said before leaving.

I glanced up at Luna. "Sorry for snapping." I said dejectedly.

"It's ok Harry. What's been troubling you?"

"I've just had a really complicated day. Things happened that I never thought would actually happen."

"You and Ginny have been fighting?"

"Something like that... I don't really know what to call it."

"I'm sorry that's happening. I do hope things get better soon."

"Thanks Luna, I appreciate it." I said, giving her a soft smile.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he's calling them in there."