FORTY ONE

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
PHANTOM
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

"It'll be fine with The Phantom." JJ said in attempts to reassure a very worried looking Kie. "She'll get out of here quick."

Kie didn't say anything, she was too anxious. She didn't even want to think about the consequences that John B would have to face for 'murdering' Peterkin.

Not even seconds later three police cars with blaring sirens rushed past, JJ and Atlanta both ducked down as far as they could. They were still in the car that was on the wanted poster.

Atlanta wasn't sure what her father would do if he knew she was aiding and abetting wanted criminals. Would he try his hardest to get any chargers against her dropped or would he just disown her?

"They're still looking. It's a good sign. It's a good sign right?" Kie questioned turning back to Atlanta.

"It's a good sign." Atlanta confirmed but truthfully she wasn't sure.

The fact that the police were still looking could mean they haven't found John B yet, or it could mean that they were now looking for the four of them.

"There she be." JJ said with a smile as he opened up the door to the warehouse and revealed The Phantom. "Hey girl, A 1983 Formula 402 SR1. The Phantom." JJ took the tarp of the front of the boat and couldn't help but smile. He loved that boat. His dad would tell him stories.

"Hey Kie? Are you just seeing a boat too?" Atlanta whispered, she didn't want to offended JJ, she knew how much he loved this boat.

"Mhm mhm." Kie hummed in response.

"The first boat to make the run to Bermuda in under 16 hours, forty years old. Forty!" JJ said in disbelief. "And still the fastest thing that Kildare ever seen."

"It's kind of a junker." Kie shrugged honestly, she wasn't impressed.

Atlanta sarcastically gasped, ran over to JJ and covered his ears. "Don't listen to her."

She allowed a playful pout to form on her face. She ran her hands through JJ's hair and pressed her lips against his temple.

"Really? She's right there, Kie." JJ gritted through his teeth. "She can hear you."

"Wow." Atlanta mouthed and removed her hands from JJ's ears. She linked their hands together and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Let's just put it this way, you would not be smoking weed right now if she never existed, okay?"

"I just hope it runs." Kie mumbled.

"Oh no. She'll run alright. She's faster than any cutters the boys in blue got." JJ bragged as a motorbike pulled up just outside.

"Pope. Finally." Kie said as went to make her way towards the boy.

Only instead of being met with Pope, she was met with Rafe and Barry. Atlanta hated Rafe. He killed Peterkin, the only mother figure she had left in her life.

"Hey there, what's going on?" Rafe questioned curiously as he looked around the warehouse. "JJ? Attie? How you guys doing?" Rafe questioned as he jumped up onto the boat.

"Whoo-hooo!" Barry smirked. "Well, well." Barry cocked his gun and aimed it to JJ and Atlanta. Without even thinking, JJ pulled Atlanta behind him. He'd do anything to protect her.

"See don't think I forgot about me and you on the side of the road. Or that you made my boy fight me." Barry said referring to Campbell. "I'm here because I want my mother fucking money." Barry shouted as he punched JJ in the stomach.

"JJ!" Atlanta went to pull Barry off of JJ, but Rafe's arms has already wrapped around her's and Kie's waist, pulling them away. "Get off of me." Atlanta said squirming around in Rafe's arms, hoping to get away but he was too strong.

"That's what I'm here for!" Barry said slamming JJ's head down onto the floor.

"It's not you we want, Kie. Or you, and hey I even made a deal with Barry so he'd leave you alone, just for Topper okay? So where's John B?" Rafe questioned cornering both the girls.

He pointed directly at Atlanta. He didn't mean to kill Peterkin, he just wanted to protect his dad. He didn't mean to hurt the girl that Topper loved in the process.

"We don't know asshole." Atlanta snapped and stood in front of Kie. "Move." Atlanta demanded but Rafe just smirked. Atlanta pulled her hand back and slapped him across the face.

"You're gonna wish you didn't do that." Rafe said glaring at the girl.

"I know what you did." Kie said stepping forward.

"What? What'd I do?" Rafe questioned curiously.

"You murdered Peterkin." Kie spat angrily, staring straight at the boy. She didn't even flinch.