FIFTY TWO

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
CALLS
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

"Hey, here he comes. Stay down." Pope instructed as JJ pulled Atlanta down with him, so now her head was resting on his chest as they waited in the car.

"He didn't see us. He didn't see us. Go." JJ announced as Gavin drove straight passed them, not even looking in their direction.

"My seatbelt." Pope continued to pull at his belt, which had jammed. Atlanta let go of a chuckle at the timing, it couldn't have been any better.

"Are you seriously buckling up now?" JJ snapped as Kie began to drive after Gavin.

The car fell into a silence as they waited for Pope to announce whether Gavin was talking or not. JJ kept tracing patterns on the girls thigh, to say he was anxious would've been an understatement.

"It's Ward." Pope announced. "He's talking to Ward."

"Are you serious?" JJ tapped Pope's shoulder repeatedly.

Atlanta grabbed JJ and pulled him back with a blank look on her face. She cupped JJ's cheeks so that he would focus on her before she said,

"Of course he's serious baby, why would he lie about that right now?" The way Atlanta spoke was both sarcastic and condescending.

"You know what princess," JJ leant down, moving the girls hair to one side so that he would whisper into her ear, "carry on with the sarcasm and you're in for it later."

Atlanta would be lying if she said the words didn't excite her and cause a shiver to run down her spine. She looked up at JJ through her lashes as he pulled away.

He placed his hand on her upper thigh, making sure to give it a firm squeeze, causing her to shift in her seat. JJ had to bite back a smirk as he watched the girl.

"Get closer. I can't hear." Pope informed Kie, causing her to go slightly faster, but not too fast that Gavin would find it suspicious. "He's talking about negotiating something. Renegotiating."

Atlanta leant forward, waiting for Pope to say something else, something that could get proof that Rafe killed Peterkin. JJ rested his head on the girls shoulder, lightly pressing his lips against the sweet spot on her neck, making her have to hold back a whimper.

"Gavin's got the gun that Rafe used to kill Peterkin." Pope announced, making Atlanta sit up straight, her hand instantly linking with JJ's. Finally they would get justice for what happened to Peterkin. "I think he's trying to use it as extortion, as leverage."

"Wait. He's pulling over." Kie pointed out as Gavin pulled into the side of the road. "Do I pull behind him? What do I do?"

"Drive round the block, but fast so we done loose him." Atlanta instructed, knowing that the airpods would only work at a certain distance.

"I can't hear anything." Pope panicked. "Shit. I'm losing the signal. I can't hear him."

Atlanta groaned as they came to a blocked off road, this wasn't exactly what they needed right now. The girl felt her heart drop once the truck pulled up behind them. They were going to lose the only evidence they had to convict Rafe and Ward.

"What are you doing? Hey, we were about to back up." JJ shouted as he opened the car door.

The brunette watched as Pope jumped out of the car and began to run in the direction that they had just came, cutting through people's gardens as he did so.

"We gotta know where they're meeting." Pope shouted as he continued to run.

"Let's go, princess." JJ grabbed his girlfriends hand as he ran after Pope along with Atlanta and Kie. He faintly heard the men yelling about Kie not being able to leave her car there, but none of them listened.

"This kid is fast, damn and he was just a mathlete." Atlanta laughed to herself as she watched Pope jump over the fence. "Oh, that's why he was a mathlete." She pointed to him as he face planted the ground.

The brunette let go of a small giggle as she watched him basically eat a pile full of dirt. She smiled towards Sean, who was in his pool with a few girls.

"Sean, ah this is where you live, you kook." JJ chuckled at the boy.

"You're the one dating the kook." Sean shouted back as JJ and the others ran through his yard.

Atlanta pulled herself to a stop, turning and looking at Sean, she waved towards the boy she used to go to school with and a few of the girls she vaguely remembered.

"Damn right he is." She smiled proudly. "Nice to see you all again." She didn't bother to stick around, instead she ran ahead to catch up with JJ, Pope and Kie.

"Did you hear something?" JJ questioned, wrapping his arm around Atlanta and pulling her into his chest.

"He's meeting Ward right now, we gotta go." Pope responded breathlessly as they ran towards where Gavin and Ward were going to meet.