TWENTY THREE

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
CHOICES
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

Atlanta sat on JJ's lap as he rested his head on her shoulder. He placed a light kiss over the hickey he had left her last night and the girl couldn't help but smile at the memory.

"No effing way." Kie snapped angrily as she looked at Sarah. Sarah just gave Atlanta an amused look. "You brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?" Kie looked towards Atlanta. "It's bad enough that the deputies daughters here."

The brunette scoffed, she hated that people didn't trust her just because she was the deputies daughter. She'd never done anything to make anyone feel like she would betray their trust.

"If I wanted to snitch on you guys, I would have done it already so fuck off." Atlanta snapped angrily.

She was sick of people seeing her as 'the deputies daughter' or 'the snitch' it wasn't who she was.

"Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share." JJ said sending a quick glare to Kie.

It wasn't as if Atlanta was trying to take a cut of the gold, she was willing to help out for free. She didn't deserve the stereotyping that she got.

"You know, I don't remember taking a vote." Kie said rolling her eyes at Atlanta and looking to John B. "This is our thing. A Pogue thing."

"Said the Kook." Atlanta muttered under her breath, but everyone heard it.

"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this." Pope announced looking to John B.

He was fine with Atlanta now, he trusted her. The two had bonded, even after they didn't need the ROV anymore, she taught him how to use it. He appreciated her help and how smart she was. He was thankful that they weren't going out for the same scholarship otherwise he would be sure that she'd get it instead of him.

"Thank you!" Kie threw her hands up and pointed to Pope.

"When are you not uncomfortable?" John B fired back. He felt protective over Sarah now, his feelings had grown.

"I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably." Pope shrugged, Atlanta smiled at the boy.

"That's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him." JJ admitted as he began to trace patterns on Atlanta's inner thigh.

Atlanta instantly relaxed into the boy and letting out a long sigh. She closed her eyes for a moment and just breathed in JJ's familiar scent. She hated that she could feel Kie's glaring eyes on her.

"That's cute guys." John B said clenching his jaw.

"You know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her." Kie said turning to look at Sarah.

"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" Sarah snapped angrily, finally speaking up for herself.

"Then leave." Kie said bluntly.

Sarah scoffed and turned to face John B with a knowing look plastered on her face, "I told you."

Atlanta turned to look at the paid, wondering what Sarah was talking about. JJ's fingers tapped a small tune on her thigh. The brunette brought her hand up to comb her fingers through his hair, causing a smile to form on his face.

"Told him what exactly?" Kie paused for a brief second. "That you're a liar?"

"No, that you're a shit talking bitch, Kiara." Sarah said and Atlanta had to cover her mouth to prevent herself from laughing.