THREE

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
AGATHA
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

Hurricane Agatha had hit and she had hit hard. Luckily for the Shoupe's, they already had the back up generators running. Her dad, Deputy Shoupe, had to go down to the station during the early morning, so Atlanta didn't actually see him this morning.

"Morning, Attie." Barnaby said, as he took a small sip of his OJ. He sat at the island eating his avocado on toast.

"Morning, Barney." Atlanta smiled as took a slice of toast from his plate making him groan in response, thinking about how now he'll have to make more. "Thank you." She said as she began to hum a small tune and pour herself a cup of coffee.

"You know, I'm sure you're perfectly capable of making your own food." Barnaby looked up from his food disappointedly, he was enjoying his avocado on toast. He didn't want to make more, but he knew that he'd still be hungry.

Atlanta chuckled softly, she was more than capable. And more often than not, she made everyone dinner for when they came home from work or school. Not that they ever ate as a family and if they did, someone was either in trouble or it was a special occasion.

"You know what? I am, but I prefer stealing yours." She smiled sweetly. Her brother let out a small laugh.

"Looks like you had some fun last night." Barney motioned towards the hickeys that covered her neck.

Atlanta's eyes widened, she had completely forgot about the hickeys. She quickly pulled her hair from out of her messy bun and tried her hardest to cover them. She would have to talk to JJ about leaving hickeys next time.

Barney shook his head before saying, "Who was it? Same guy as last time?"

He and Atlanta had a fairly open relationship. She always went to him for anything. She told him when she lost her virginity, she told him when she first drank, she told him when she got into her first fight. She always felt comfortable telling him things.

"It was actually." Atlanta stuck her tongue out at the boy. "I don't sleep around." She paused for a moment. "Plus the guys really hot."

After spending time with Barnaby, Atlanta made her way down to the docks, she knew that Sheriff Peterkin was there due to the radio in her dads office.

She watched as the medics wheeled out Scooter Grubbs dead body on a gurney. The sight made her feel sick to the stomach. She anxiously chewed her bottom lip in hopes that it would make the sickness go away.

JJ's eyes landed on the girl in the flowy pastel blue dress. He couldn't help but smirk, remembering their pervious night. He was surprised to even see her there.

The blonde boy furrowed his brows once he saw her clutch her stomach. He looked towards his friends before breaking away and heading towards her, hoping that he could bring her some comfort.

JJ made his way next to the pretty brunette. "Hey princess." He said, placing his hands on her waist. Atlanta blushed slightly at the contact.

Atlanta instantly relaxed at his touch, the sickness going away as she rested her head against his chest, almost instantly being engulfed by his familiar scent.

"Hey Maybank." Atlanta smiled. She saw Sheriff Peterkin look at them with furrowed brows.

"You look good today." He complimented, pulling away from her and making his way to stand in front of her.

He didn't want to ask her if she was feeling okay, instead, he thought that it would be best to distract her. To take her mind off of the body that was currently being wheeled past them.