FOURTEEN

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
DATE
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

The atmosphere was tense after the group and searched the ship three times and still there was no sign of the gold. John B had told them to head home, that he didn't want to look at fourth time. He had lost hope.

"Hey, Umm Attie?" JJ scratched their back of his neck anxiously as they pulled up to the dock. John B had stormed off and Pope and Kie ran after him, leaving JJ and Atlanta alone.

"Yes?" She smiled up to him and pursed her light pink lips.

"Do you maybe, wanna-you know? Come to the cinema with me later?" He paused. "As a date?"

To say her heart fluttered would be an understatement. Her heart was racing, she couldn't believe that he wanted to officially ask her out on a date. Truthfully, nothing made her happier than that.

Atlanta blushed and a huge smile creeped up onto her face. "Only because Barney is bringing his boyfriend." She playfully winked.

"So that's a yes?" JJ smirked, he wanted to do a little fist pump, but he didn't want to embarrass himself.

"That's a yes JJ." She smiled and leaned up to kiss his cheek, before walking away.

Topper had texted Atlanta telling her to meet him at the Gym, saying that he hadn't seen her in a while. Atlanta decided to go and see him as he was right, they hadn't seen each other in a while.

But that was only because she was so angry at the fact that he didn't do anything to help Pope when Rafe was beating him with a golf club.

"Hey T." Atlanta smiled as Topper tried to hug her. "No way. You stink!" She said placing her hands out in front of her.

From the corner of her eye she saw Rafe attempting to wipe his sweaty forehead and check if he smells. Atlanta wanted to laugh but she didn't want to let him know she saw him.

"Well, I missed you too Attie." Topper chuckled and pulled her in for a hug, despite her trying her hardest to pull away. Eventually she gave in and hugged her childhood best friend back.

"Sure you did." Atlanta smiled and glanced to Rafe, who was still trying to wipe away his sweat. "Fuck you're sweaty." She teased him, making Rafe flush red. Both Kelce and Topper laughed at the now embarrassed boy.

Once Topper, Rafe and Kelce all showered and got changed Topper decided to drive them down to Heyward's, where Pope would be working.

"Kelce?" Atlanta shuffled closer to him purposefully, Rafe was watching them through the review mirror. Atlanta leant up and whispered something in his ear, which made him laugh.

Rafe clenched his jaw and scoffed. Topper rolled down his window and looked at Pope who was collecting the dirty dishes.

Atlanta climbed through the front seat and over Rafe's lap to sit on his open window. She rested her hands on the roof of the car and a smile spread across her face.

"Hey Pope. How's work?" Atlanta shouted with a small wave. Pope gave her an anxious smile and quickly ran inside. "Oh." She pouted.

"Get in." Rafe said wrapping his hands around her and pulling her on to his lap.

"Don't ever man handle me again." Atlanta scoffed as she pulled his hands off her and climbed into the back.

"Oh come on sweetheart, stop playing hard to get now." Rafe said, shooting her a wink.

Atlanta went to open her door but Topper was quick to put child lock on her side. "Let me out. I'm not staying in here with him."

Atlanta looked to her best friend. Topper made no effort to switch it off so she climbed over Kelce and out of his door. She threw her middle finger up to him before walking away.

"JERKS!" She shouted angrily, storming away from them, despite Topper shouted for her to come back.

Atlanta ended up walking to JJ's house, knowing it wasn't far away from Heyward's shop. She'd only been to it once, so she was surprised she even remembered where it was.

The brunette arrived shortly after Pope and ended up missing part of their conversation. "How do you know they know?" JJ questioned as he inspected his gun.

"Because Rafe, Topper and Kelce posted outside of Heyward's and mad dogged me." Pope paced. "You were there." Pope pointed to Atlanta almost accusingly.

"Is it as bad as he's making out?" JJ turned to face the pretty brunette.

She looked upset, so he placed down his gun and wrapped his arms around her. She instantly relaxed into his arms, smiling as she was engulfed by his familiar scent.

Atlanta plastered a fake smile on her face and playfully shook her head. "No, I asked him how work was and he ignored me." Atlanta stuck her bottom lip out and pouted.

"How can you ignore this beautiful face, Pope?" JJ questioned as he gently squished Atlanta's face. Atlanta tried to smile but instead she pulled a funny face.

"They have cameras. They could've seen me." Pope panicked.

"There was no power, how could they have seen you?" JJ questioned, placing a light kiss on Atlanta's shoulder, gently swaying her side to side.

"It's Figure 8. They got generators. They don't give scholarships to kids who vengefully sink boats. It's not a good look on my transcript." Pope ranted.

Atlanta felt guilty, he was so worked up and scared about losing his scholarship. She didn't want him to be scared. She wanted him to go to college and be happy about it.

"Enough with the regret bro. They caved your face in. Heck, they even hit one of their own." JJ shouted, making Atlanta jump.

JJ gave her waist a reassuring squeeze and Atlanta's thumb ran over the graze on her face. He didn't ever want her to be scared of him. He wanted her to trust him.

"They hit us, we hit them. It's the law of the jungle. Now, if any Kooks come up to you and ask if you had anything to do with it, you walk up to 'em, look 'em right in the eye, and-" JJ placed one hand on Pope's shoulder.

"Deny the living shit out of it." Pope said, feeling relaxed.

"That right. Deny, deny, deny. But just for safety, we don't go anywhere without protection." JJ said pointing down to his gun.

"JJ, you could go to jail." Atlanta reminded him, looking at the gun that laid on the tree stump.

She wanted to so badly throw it in the ocean, so it could never be seen again. The idea of her losing JJ because of a stupid gun terrified her. All she wanted was for him to get rid of it and never look back.

"I'll becareful promise, I promise." He smiled at her, placing a light kiss on her forehead.

"Okay." Atlanta nodded. She trusted him. She just hoped to God he didn't use it.

"I'm looking forward for our date later." JJ smirked with a playful wink.

Atlanta could be help but smile as a light blush rose to her cheeks. Her heart fluttered at the thought of it being a date. She just hoped Barnaby wouldn't get too mad.

Barnaby ended up bailing on her to take Campbell as he too had never been to the Summer movie series. Atlanta understood and she wasn't mad in the slightest, in fact she told him to have fun and that she'd pack him a picnic.

"Right, well, I'll see you later, Maybank." She said as he leant down as kissed her.

She pulled away for a split second before reconnecting their lips. JJ's arms snaked around her waist and pulled her closer to him.

"Look, I'm all for this, but-" Pope coughed awkwardly. "Maybe not when I'm completely alone." Atlanta laughed at him. She walked up to the boy and placed a light kiss on his cheek. "I'll see you boys later."