FORTY NINE

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
WOOGITY
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

"For the record, I never doubted them." JJ bragged as they exited The Wreck. His hand was linked with Atlanta as a happy smile formed on all four of their faces.

"I owe you five bucks." Kie spoke as she headed towards the docks to sit down on, so that they could discuss their next steps.

"Hey Kiara. I did need those setups done by five!" Anna, Kie's mother shouted.

"There are other people that work here." Kie shouted back, continuing to walk away from her mother.

Atlanta looked up to JJ with a grin, Sarah and John B were alive. That meant that eventually they could come home. It meant that they would have their best friends again.

"But ain't none of 'em my children." Anna shouted with a laugh. "Atlanta, tell your brother we need him back."

"I will do, Mrs Carrera." Atlanta playfully saluted as JJ wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pressed his lips against her cheeks.

Words couldn't even begin to describe how happy he was in this one singular moment. He has his girl in his arms and his best friends were still alive. They could come home.

"I feel that. On a deep emotional level, I understand that." Pope chuckled as he took a seat, knowing the pressures of having a parent who owns a business.

"So, we going to the Bahamas or what?" JJ questioned as he rested his head on Atlanta's shoulders.

She brought her hands up to rest on his wrists, her fingers began to okay with the friendship bracelets that he wore. Atlanta found it adorable that he wore them.

"There's no way we're getting to the Bahamas." Pope shrugged, as much as he wanted to bring John B and Sarah back, they couldn't afford to go to the Bahamas.

"John B will get nabbed sooner or later. So if we're gonna clear his name, we need to have done it yesterday." Kie spoke as she looked around at her friends.

"So we need to come up with a game plan." Atlanta mumbled, resting her head against JJ's and closing her eyes as she felt him squeeze her a little tighter. She always found it so comforting to be in his arms.

"I'll tell you how we do it." JJ pulled Atlanta with him to go and sit down, pulling the girl down onto his knee.

She didn't mind in the slightest. She took his hat and placed it on her head as she ran her fingers through his hair. JJ smiled up to the girl, she was his everything, he couldn't imagine life without her.

"So you have it all planned out?" Pope questioned almost sarcastically.

"As a matter of fact, I do." JJ nodded in confirmation. "We kidnap Rafe."

The way that JJ said it seemed as if it was so simple and easy. Like no wrong could come from kidnapping someone. It almost made Atlanta laugh, but she was able to hold it back.

"I'm sorry, what?" Pope raised his brows questioningly, he looked towards Atlanta who nodded, silently telling him that she too heard JJ's plan.

"We kidnap Rafe, tie him up and stick the gun in his mouth and just wait till he starts squawking." JJ made finger guns as he spoke.

"You know, tortures a war crime." Kie pointed out.

"Yeah, my dad would have to arrest you for that one, JJ." Atlanta whispered. "Not sure how much you'd like to be in cuffs."

"You think being in cuffs is new to me?" JJ raised his brows questioningly, causing Atlanta to chuckle.

She knew he'd been arrested before, heck the amount of times she went to visit her dad and he was in a jail cell was ridiculous.

JJ ran his tongue over his bottom lip and looked up to the girl. He couldn't help but smirk, wondering what thoughts were racing through her mind.

"Yeah, so how exactly do you plan on clearing John B's name from a prison cell? Because that's a felony."  Pope questioned curiously.

"Alright, we'll what do you got, Pope?" JJ asked almost snappily. "I was just trying to keep it simple. You know, one stop and we're done."

"All you need is a material witness." Atlanta spoke up, leaning into JJ. She rested her head on his and closed her eyes. "My dad doesn't believe me, so we need someone else to confirm what I saw."

"We saw Wards plane fly right over our heads with the gold inside of it." Pope nodded in agreement.

If they could find someone who's story matches up with Atlanta's, Shoupe would have no reason not to believe them. He'd have to believe his daughter.

"He didn't fly it. If somebody else flew it, they were there on the tarmac. They saw Peterkin get murdered." Pope looked towards Atlanta apologetically. "We just have to find whoever that was and get them to confess on record."

JJ pressed his lips against Atlanta's neck, silently telling her that he was still here and that everything would be okay. He didn't want her to panic or feel upset. He hated when she was upset and there wasn't anything he could do to comfort her.

"How do we do that?" Kie questioned, scrunching up her face in confusions

"A little light espionage." Pope answered back with a smirk.

"A little ghost recon." JJ winked playfully as he took back his hat from Atlanta, causing her to playfully pout.

"Woogity-woogity?" Pope raised his brows.

"Woogity, Woogity." Atlanta nodded in confirmation.

They were going to clear John B's name and bring him and Sarah home, even if it was the last thing they did.