NINETEEN

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
MIDSUMMERS
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

Atlanta stood in a light pink dress behind her brother and his date. Atlanta had no idea how a 7 year old managed to get a date to midsummers, she had expressed herself through a small temper tantrum that it wasn't fair.

The 5 year old stood with her arms crossed and a pout on her face. Her father wasn't bothered, he said he wasn't going to acknowledge her until she started to behave and her mother hadn't come, she never came to things that involved Kooks.

"You look pretty." Atlanta turned around and faced a blonde boy. He had a navy blue suit on with a baby pink tie. "I'm Topper." He placed his hands out in front of him with a grin.

"I'm Atlanta." Atlanta smiled and had suddenly stop being a stubborn 5 year old.

"Want to be my date?" Topper said holding out his arm. "Mommy said I could ask you." He pointed over to his mother, who was watching the boy carefully. Topper waved to his mom, his mother merely nodded back.

"Daddy?" Atlanta tugged on the back of his suit. "Can T be my date?"

Truthfully, Atlanta had already forgotten the boys name. She wasn't very good at remembering people's names. It was something Barnaby often teased her about.

"Sure he can pumpkin." Shoupe smiled down at his daughter, thankful that she had stopped being stroppy before they walked in.

"I have a date now too." Atlanta teased her older brother.

"No one cares, Atlanta." Barnaby snickered back, sticking his tongue out.

Atlanta danced with Barnaby and Campbell on the dance floor. Both boys were twirling her around and making her giggle. She felt so carefree, the only thing that would have made the night better would have been if JJ was here.

Atlanta nearly slipped, making Barnaby catch her before she fell to the ground. "How are you so clumsy?" He questioned with a light laugh. He wouldn't be surprised if they found out that she had two left feet with how bad at balancing she was.

"I have no idea." Atlanta said as she touched the back of her hair to check her flower was still in place, Sarah had worked hard on her hair. "B, it's gone." She said having a mild freak out. "The flower it's gone."

"It could have fallen out when you nearly fell." Campbell suggest.

Atlanta nodded and began to search the floor for the missing white flower. She didn't want to panic in front of all these people.

Atlanta spotted it and smiled, she knelt down to pick up the clip and as she did, her hands brushed against another's. The brunette looked up and was met with the bright blue eyes that belonged to JJ Maybank.

Atlanta couldn't help but smile. He was here. That was all she ever wanted.

"Hey princess." He smiled standing up, with Atlanta. "Let me." He said and Atlanta turned around so he could place the clip back in her hair.

"Thank you." She whispered, with a smile, turning back around to face him. "What are you doing here?"

Barnaby slow danced with Campbell but watched Atlanta and JJ carefully. He knew how she felt about JJ, which only made him more protective. He didn't want her to get hurt.

"Hunting for gold." JJ whispered with a smirk. "Now, you look beautiful may I say."

JJ took in her flowy white dress that touched the floor and the small lace detail on the front. The dress highlighted her curves perfectly.

"Want to dance?" Atlanta questioned hopefully, she knew JJ wasn't actually meant to be here but she hoped he could stay for an extra minute or two.

"I suppose that I can spare some time for you, princess." JJ said as he wrapped his arms around her waist and hers around his shoulders as they swayed to the music.

They moved together perfectly. His grip on her waist was firm, he kept pulling her into him as much as he could, not wanting to be away from her.

"I missed you." Atlanta admitted as a light blush rose to her cheeks. Her heart was racing, what if he thought she was too clingy, or cliché.

"You did?" JJ questioned in shock, nobody ever missed him. The idea of Atlanta missing him made his heart race. He'd never been wanted in his life until now.

"I did." Atlanta smiled, looking down at the floor. JJ used his thumb to lift t he brunette head up and make Atlanta look at him again.

He loved her brown eyes that had hazel flecks and her smile that created small dimples. He loved the way that her hair fell in front of her eyes, even with the flower clip. He loved that she always wore a flower clip. He just loved everything about her.

JJ leant down and gently pressed their lips together. It wasn't rushed or heated, but rather slow and passionate. Their lips moulded together perfectly, and he cupped her the back of her neck making her smile. Her fingers threaded through his head and pulled him closer.

"I missed you too." He whispered against her lips.

Atlanta could be help but smile as JJ kissed all over her face. Atlanta let out a few giddy giggles and tried to push him away so that he'd stop.

"Stop!" She laughed, and finally he did.

"Okay, serious now." He paused with a smile still on his face. "Sarah knows about the gold, her and John B kinda had a thing." JJ playfully winked but all Atlanta could think about was Topper. "John B thought you should know since you helped us-oh by the way, the gold is in Tannyhill." JJ summed up.

"Hurray?" Atlanta said questioningly. She didn't know if she was meant to be happy about that or if it would make the retrieving of the hold harder.

JJ let out a half hearted chuckle. "And I hate to cut this short but I really gotta go." He said placing a quick kiss on her lips before running away.

Atlanta was beyond confused until she saw Rafe, Kelce and a few other of their friends run after JJ.

"Oh, no you don't." Campbell said pulling her back, he was becoming very protective over the girl. She was like family to him now. "He's a big boy, he can fight his own battles, right Barney?"

"He's a big boy." Barney nodded in agreement. "He'll survive."