TWENTY SEVEN

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
DUCKLINGS
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

Campbell crosses his arms and shook his head as Barnaby spoke. "I'm not doing that. He'll know that it's me." Campbell groaned, and ran his hand over his face.

Barnaby had come up with an awful plan, only he refused to believe that it was the worst plan in the world to exist. And Campbell wasn't exactly sure how to break it to him.

"He won't I promise. All you have to do is curl up in her bed until dad comes in and says goodnight to Atlanta, or well you." Barnaby shrugged. "And then you can come back in bed with me."

Atlanta hadn't been home in a few days, thankfully Barnaby knew she was safe and with both Sarah and JJ. But their father didn't know. He worked all day and only came home late at night so he wouldn't even notice.

"Could I not say something like, 'night daddy-o?'" Campbell questioned in a high pitch voice. Barnaby scrunched his face up in disgust and let go of a loud laugh.

"Please never again." Barnaby shook his head and Campbell continued only to taunt him more.

"I'm Campbell Dawn and I love Barnaby Shoupe." Campbell said continuing the voice, he could see the way that Barnaby's face scrunched up, which made him chuckle.

"You love me?" Barnaby questioned and only them Campbell realised what he said. The room fell silent and Campbell lowered his head, a blush forming on his cheeks. "Oh my God. You love me."

"Shut up." Campbell muttered all flustered and embarrassed.

"Make me." Barnaby raised his brow cockily and what he wasn't expecting was Campbell to kiss him. He was taken back for a minute, but once he fully realised what was going on he kissed back.

Atlanta walked into her room and didn't expect to see Campbell curled up in her bed. "Can I help you?" She questioned with a chuckle as she jumped on the bed.

She rested her head on his stomach and smiled up at him. His fingers combed through her hair and he allowed his lips to curl upwards once he saw her. To say he was relieved would be an understatement. He wasn't sure how much longer he could pretend to be her.

"Okay Dads home now and hello Atlanta-" Barnaby stoped talking and looked at the girl confused. "I thought-"

"I've being pretending to be you and I'm getting very good at it. Wanna see?" Campbell sat up and looked down to face Atlanta, who was now laid on his lap. "Hey my names Atlanta Carson Shoupe and I love JJ and s-"

"What did you do to him Barnaby?" Atlanta questioned pointing up to her brothers boyfriend.

The brunette couldn't help but laugh at his impression of her. It was nearly accurate. His voice needed to be a little lower and not as squeaky but she could imagine that they fooled her dad.

"I did such a good job, I laid in your bed for the past three nights and your dad thought I was you!" Campbell raised his hands for a high five, but quickly placed it back down when no one gave him one. He stuck out his bottom lip, making Atlanta mimic him.

"Yeah you're good in bed." Barnaby muttered to himself, or he thought he muttered to himself.

"Ew. I don't wanna know." Atlanta covered her ears in disgust and Campbell just smirked at the boy.

She pretended to vomit at the idea of her brother in bed, it wasn't exactly something she wanted to hear. Campbell just laughed at the Shoupe siblings, wondering what it would have been like if he too had a sibling.

"Where were you for the past few days anyway?" Barnaby questioned, clearing his throat and trying to change the conversation, putting on his stern face, which Atlanta always laughed at.

"I was getting high." Atlanta laughed. Both boys looked at her alarmed. Neither of them expected her to be the type of person to do drugs. "I found out that Sarah ditched Kie cause mom died. Not exactly what I wanted to hear."

Barnaby sat down next to his sister and wrapped his arm around her. "I miss her too."

They both missed their mother dearly. Things would have been so much easier if she was still with them. If she hadn't had gone.

"And JJ told me he loved me, you know when we had the meal." Atlanta smiled up to Barnaby. "I was trying to tell him that I love him, and we'll I got shy so he told me first." She said all giddy.

She didn't want to dwell on her mother's death, or why Sarah choose her over Kie. She just wanted to be happy. And the only person who made her truly happy at this moment in time was JJ.

"He he kept telling me I was beautiful while we-" Atlanta cleared her throat. "-Nevermind. And then yesterday he kept finding ways to hold my hand or kiss me and-" Atlanta let out a deep breath. "He makes me really happy."

"Well I'm glad he makes you happy Attie, you deserve to be happy." Campbell smiled at the girl.

"Thank you." Atlanta smiled. "Now out you both go, I want a nap before they come and get me in the morning, and we'll it's already sun rise." Atlanta groaned.

Atlanta woke up with a groan, she missed her bed. She had been sleeping on John B's pull out mattress with JJ. Although as she slept alone, she missed being wrapped in JJ's arms and feeling safe.

She missed cuddling him at night, and she didn't even realise that she had pulled down her pillow as if he was there. She let go of a small chuckle and ran her hand over the pillow.

"Morning pumpkin." Her father said poking his head in. "You're awake this time?"

"Early bird catches the worm." Atlanta smiled to her father. "Have a good day at work, daddy." Shoupe smiled at his daughter before leaving.

Atlanta jumped out of bed and pulled on a white flowery dress. There was a knock on her bedroom door and JJ walked in. A smile instantly formed on her face once she saw him.

"Barney let me in." He smiled, "He said I could come straight through." He looked the girl up and down and said, "You look beautiful."

The dress complimented her perfectly, it hugged her tight enough to show off her curves and the colour suited her skin. Her hair fell naturally in front of her eyes and JJ found it adorable.

"Thank you." She smiled clipping her hair back with a pink flower. She then placed in some stud earrings and smiled at the boy.

JJ wrapped his arms around her waist, moved her hair aside and began to place light kisses on her neck. Atlanta let go of a small whimper, making JJ kiss over her sweet spot again.

"The others are waiting for us." Atlanta whispered breathlessly.

"Then they can wait a bit longer." JJ muttered, spinning the girl around to face him.

Atlanta held JJ's hand as they exited the house. Campbell hung out of the living room window and shouted, "have fun my little ducklings?"

The brunette face palmed at the girly voice that he kept putting on. JJ opened the van door and allowed Atlanta to climb in first. The girl turned back and waved towards her brother and his boyfriend.

"You two took your time." Kie muttered looking between the two skeptically.

JJ smirked as he looked towards Atlanta and the few hickey's that were on her neck. He gripped her waist and pulled her onto his lap. He preferred having her closer to him.

"Have fun?" Sarah questioned Atlanta with a small laugh.

"I did actually." Atlanta said as she lent up to press her and JJ's lips together for a split second.

"Gross, did not need to know that." Pope muttered. John B let out a small laugh and began to drive to the pawn shop.