THIRTY

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
MONEY
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

Atlanta rode in shotgun, next to JJ. His hand was on her thigh the whole time. Her fingers traced random patterns on his hand in order to calm him, but it didn't seem to work.

He seemed to be fuming, taking short deep breaths. His chest was heaving and his face was red and his jaw clenched.

"Welcome to crackhead wasteland." Sarah muttered, as the pulled up to the trailer park. Atlanta almost laughed, that's exactly what she thought when she first saw this place.

"I don't know about this man." Pope muttered anxiously.

"Dude, why are we at Barry's." John B questioned, as JJ took a quick glance at the ID to ensure he had the right address.

"This will only take a second." JJ said as he jumped out of the van.

"Where are you going?" John B questioned.

"Yo soy justicia." JJ shouted, Atlanta was slightly taken back by the Spanish. She found it hot, she had no idea he could speak Spanish.

Atlanta ran after JJ, maybe he had the right idea. Going into the house and searching it. She heard the others shout and ask where she was going but she didn't care. Atlanta walked in and saw JJ trashing the place, searching for money or drugs, or both.

The brunette made her way to Campbell's bedroom, completely ignoring JJ and his questions. The girl had only being in Campbell's room once, and it was definitely the cleanest room in the trailer. That clearly hadn't changed.

Atlanta began to search high and low, she didn't want to find any drugs. She didn't want Campbell to be that kind of guy. Her brother deserved someone good and she hoped that was Campbell.

But apparently it wasn't. Atlanta held the bag of coke in her hand. He hid it in his sock draw, not the most subtle hiding place.

"What are you doing?" John B shouted to the pair.

"Getting even." JJ shouted back.

"Finding drugs." Atlanta shrugged as she walked out of the bedroom. Everyone expected his from JJ but not from the princess.

"Alright took care of business." JJ said as he walked back into the living room. He saw Atlanta with a small bag of coke in her hands and his eyes widened. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing." Atlanta denied and placed the drugs in her bag. This was between her, her family and Campbell.

"Hey look at me, if you keep going down this road, you're gonna end up just like you're dad, and you, well you've already ended up like him. Searching houses for drugs-" John B snapped, JJ didn't care what John B said about him, he only cared about what he said about Atlanta.

"You watch your mouth man." JJ seethed pinning John B against the wall. "Aren't you tired of being messed with?"

Atlanta looked down guiltily, all the wanted to do was protect her brother. She didn't expect any of them to understand. None of them had siblings, none of them knew what it was like to want to protect a sibling.

"That's not the point JJ." John B shook his head.

"Cause I am." JJ said as he shoved John B and walked out of the trailer, Atlanta following after the boy. "Alright so we're looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit. Sorry about that, y'all." JJ said as he counted the money.

"So that's what we're doing now? We're robbing drug dealers?" Kie questioned looking only at JJ. They didn't know that she stole the drugs.

"This Barry guys gonna find out. And he's gonna come after us." Sarah said in agreement with Kie.

"Yes he will. This is not the time to start wilin' out." Pope shoited, Atlanta linked her hand with JJ's.

Neither her or John B wanted to tell the others about her taking the drugs, JJ was willing to take all the blame on this one. He was willing to do that for her.

"How do you guys like having a gun pulled on you?" JJ shouted, he hated that they were so mad at him.

"Relax." John B said coming face to face with JJ. He let go of Atlanta's hand.

"He had it right here on you bro." JJ said pointing to John B's forehead.

"Look, we've gotta go get the gold okay? Just give me that shit. We're putting it back." John B said as he tried to take the bag with the money in from JJ.

JJ didn't hesitate in slamming John B against the van. He balled his shirt up in his fist, lifting him off the ground ever so slightly.

"Do you feel like a tough guy? Huh? What are you gonna do when he comes for us."

"We punch him in the throat." JJ said, his eyes not leaving John B's.

"Yeah, good fucking idea JJ." John B rolled his eyes. The two rarely fought.

"I'm not putting it back." JJ said as he got in the van. "You guys getting in or what?" Atlanta sat on the edge of the van.

She knew what he did was wrong, but also what she did was wrong. So, she was going to support him, even if no one else did.

JJ took a deep breath and blinked a few times so that no tears would fall. JJ placed his hand on Atlanta's shoulder and gave it a comforting squeeze. He jumped out of the van and shouted, "What?"

"We're sick of your shit." John B confronted.

"Oh, my shit?" JJ scoffed in disbelief.

Atlanta anxiously made her way to Sarah. Sarah wrapped her arms around the girl and pulled her closer. Sarah placed a light kiss on her temple.

"Yeah. Yeah, your shit." John B nodded.

"Yes. You're pulling guns on people shit." Kie agreed.

"You're acting like a maniac-" Pope continued, but was cut off by JJ shouting. Atlanta jumped slightly.

"Okay! Pope, I took the fall for you man! Know how much I owe because of you?" Both Pope and JJ looked towards Atlanta, who JJ actually took the fall for. Not that the others knew that.

"I'm gonna pay you back, and I didn't ask you to do that!" Pope shouted angrily.

"I just did pay it back. Right here, right now, by myself." JJ seethed, Atlanta wanted to go towards him, to hug him, to tell him everything would be okay.

JJ looked around at everyone, his eyes softened once he saw how innocent and scared Atlanta looked. He tried to offer her a small smile, but he couldn't do it.

"You know what? That's exactly what I'm gonna do. Go off by myself."

"JJ wait." Atlanta shouted and tried to go after the boy.

"Let him have some space." John B muttered pulling Atlanta back.

"Whatever, I've got my own shit to figure out." Atlanta snapped and walked away.