THIRTY EIGHT

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
CAPTURED
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

Kelce smiled as he looked at Topper who had his arms wrapped around Atlanta's waist as they slept. He knew that Topper was in love with Atlanta. The girl stirred slightly and Kelce quickly darted into the kitchen so she didn't see him staring at her.

Atlanta's she's fluttered open for a split second, she looked up to Topper and couldn't help but wish it was JJ. She wondered if he was safe, if he was okay.

The brunette turned around so she was face to face with Topper and rested her head on his chest. Before Topper confessed his love, they'd hug all the time and even have sleepovers. It was something she missed.

She missed her best friend.

It didn't take long for the girl to fall back asleep, but as she did, she was plagued with nightmares about her mother and Peterkin.

"Top. Attie. Wake up. Top, wake up man." Kelce said as he shook the pair away. John B was trapped in his cupboard. "Yo, yo, look. You guys won't believe who I got down the hall."

Atlanta rubbed her eyes and sat up. She quickly fixed the flower in her hair and let a sad smile form on her face. She missed her mom, she missed being able to talk to her and hug her.

"Yo, get up man. Come on. Top come on." Kelce said as he pulled a sleepy Topper up from the couch.

"Alright alright." Topper said standing up, he offered his hand out for Atlanta to follow them.

"Bro, I'm just-I'm just eating cereal and I look up, and bam, intruder alert." Kelce said he pulled Topper and Atlanta towards a door. "Knock, knock!"

"Hey. Hey. Kelce, hey buddy." The familiar voice of John B echoed. The door handle rattled.

Instinctively, Atlanta went to remove the chair from the door to let him out, but Kelce stopped her. He was like a dog trapped in a cage, he didn't deserve that.

"Just please let me out." John B pleaded, continuing to rattle the door.

"I don't think so bitch." Kelce shouted cockily. "Word on the street is that you got a bounty on your head bro."

"It's not-no-it's not what it seems." John B shook his head.

"25k cash money, dead or alive. Isn't that right John B!" Kelce smirked.

"Let him go Kelce." Atlanta said adamantly, but Kelce was stood in front of the door.

Atlanta knew that he didn't kill Peterkin, she knew that he wasn't the reason that she was dead. He didn't deserve to be treat like a murderer.

"Hey, what the hells going on?"  Topper questioned curiously.

"Imma go get the cops alright?" Kelce panted. "Bro, don't let that dog out." Kelce said pointing to the door. "Don't let Attie let him out either." Topper nodded. Kelce quickly ran out of the house, leaving the two alone.

"Look Kelce, just-just let me out man!" John B practically begged.

"Yeah Kelce isn't here bro, it's Topper." Topper smirked as he leaned on the door. He was just going to torment him about the fact that Sarah left him. He wanted to make John B feel guilty.

"Oh boy." John B muttered, his hand running over his face frustratedly.

"Yeah. Yeah. Surprise."

"Hey Top, it's John B. Hey man." John B tan his hand through his hair.

"T, I promise you John B didn't do this, so please let him out." Atlanta said turning to face the blonde boy.

She knew that she could get Topper to trust him. All she needed was for him to listen. Just a moment of his time to hear her out and she was sure he would give it to her.

"Attie? Is that you?" John B questioned hearing the girls voice.

"Hey John B, it's me." Atlanta smiled, although he couldn't see it. "Was JJ okay when you last saw him?" She hoped and prayed that he was.

"Yeah, yeah, he's worried about you though." John B shouted back.

Atlanta let a small smile make its way to her face. She was worried about him too but she was glad that he was okay. She wasn't sure what he would do if he wasn't.

"I'm gonna get you out of here okay? I promise." Atlanta said as she placed her hand against the door.

John B and Topper were talking about Sarah, while Atlanta was trying to come up with a plan to get John B out safely.

"Okay, well then, okay, what does it feel like? Huh? What does it feel like when you're with her? Does she make you crazy? Can you sleep at night, like-" Topper shouted, but he didn't take his eyes off Atlanta. He wasn't talking about Sarah any more.

"Uh, I mean it's, it's, it's fun and exciting and sometimes it's scary. I don't know man, it's like getting struck by lightening and not getting burned, or-" Atlanta could tell that John B was smiling as he talked about Sarah. 

"What the hell are you saying?" Topper questioned confused.

"I don't know man, it's like, it's like we're in a movie sometimes." John B shrugged, Atlanta smiled at the boy.

"It's like you're in a fuckin' mov-that's not love!" Topper shouted angrily.

"I'm in love with her, like Atlanta's in love with JJ, and I know that hurts." John B said as Atlanta watched Topper take a seat. "But uh, I'm in love man, and so it's Attie."

"It's over for you man!" Topper chuckled. "This is it. You're little wild adventure. Your little movie. Cops are on their way. Hope you enjoyed it."

Atlanta knelt down beside Topper. "T, please let him go." She grabbed his hand and looked up at him through her lashes. "Topper if you love me, you'll let me do this."

She knew that blackmailing was awful and she wouldn't have done it if she had another option. But she didn't think that he would listen otherwise.

Topper slowly stood up and Atlanta quickly moved the the chair and opened the door. "Thank you." John B said as he wrapped his arms around Atlanta.

"John B, go round the back so my dad doesn't see you." John B nodded and pulled away from the brunette. "If you see JJ before I do, will you tell him I love him please?"

"I will." He gave her hand a quick squeeze before running out of the back.

"Thank you." Atlanta smiled and turned to face Topper. "Will you help me make it look like he escaped?" Topper helped Atlanta destroy the vent and make it look as if he climbed through. "I need you to go along with this for me T."

"Kildare County!" Atlanta heard her father shout.

"Hey were back here sir!" Topper said grabbing a golf club.

"Atlanta? What are you doing here? It's dangerous." Shoupe said sternly as he looked at his daughter who held Topper's bicep.

He was very disapproving of his daughter being here whilst there was a fugitive on the run. He would much rather her be at home. Where it was safe.

"Alright sir, he's right in there." Topper said pointing to the door with the chair against it.

"I got it from here son. Get Atlanta out of here." Shoupe said towards Topper.

"No mercy alright?" Topper said as they walked past Shoupe. Topper was only doing this for Atlanta.

"Thomas get the kids out of here." Shoupe ordered the deputy.

"Yeah I got them." Thomas responded as he lead the pair out of the house. Atlanta scrunched her face up in disgust at the fact that her father was still searching for John B and not believing what she said about Rafe.

"No sir he was just in there. He was!" Topper shouted as the plan had worked.

"He went out the back. I want three deputies to hit the back yard now!" Shoupe shouted.

"We'll get him for you Sheriff!" Atlanta heard Rafe shouted.

"The suspect is unarmed, alright? If you ain't sheriff's department go home." Shoupe ordered. Atlanta managed to sneak away.

She needed to find JJ and the others, so she went to the only place she knew they could go.

The wreck.