TWENTY TWO

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
MEAL
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

"Should I be nervous? Cause I'm freaking I'm nervous." JJ said as he anxiously ran his hand through his blonde hair, which was previously falling in front of his eyes. "This is a big thing, meeting your dad."

Atlanta giggled and grabbed his hands, she linked them together and smiled at him. She found it adorable how nervous he was getting. But the nerves showed that he cared, and that made her happy.

"You've already met him." Atlanta reminded. "There's no need to freak out."

"This is really official though, like meeting your dad." He continued to panicked, Atlanta's smile fell from her face for a split second.

She panicked that she was rushing him. She didn't want to force him into something that he didn't want to do. The idea of her accidentally pushing him away terrified her.

"I'm sorry, you don't hav-"

"I want too, princess. I'm just nervous. Nobody's ever brought me home to meet their dad before." JJ let out a deep breath.

Atlanta stood on her tip toes and pressed their lips together. It was short and sweet. But his lips tasted like vanilla chapstick, which made her heart flutter for some reason.

"Don't be nervous baby, come on." She said guiding him towards the dinning room. He'd never been in her house before and to him, it was huge.

Shoupe looked up at JJ and Atlanta as they walked in, holding hands. His children were growing up too quick and he wasn't sure that he liked it at all. He knew that they were both old enough to date, he just wasn't prepared at all.

"Daddy, this is JJ." Atlanta smiled as the pair took a seat. Atlanta had kept a hold of JJ's hand, he was too anxious to even speak.

Shoupe merely nodded in response. He didn't know what to say. The only times he'd even seen JJ was when he was arresting him or asking him questions about why he had been arrested. It wasn't exactly a good reputation.

"Well, this looks delicious, pumpkin." Shoupe said as he looked towards the chicken salad that Atlanta had prepared for them.

"Thank you daddy." Atlanta smiled widely.

The meal was filled with a few minutes of awkward silence, Atlanta kept nudging JJ with her knee whenever his leg would begin to jig, since it was making the table shake and her father kept glancing in his direction.

"I know who you are!" Campbell said breaking the silence, and placing his hands down on the table.

Everyone turned to face him with furrowed brows, all except JJ, who's eyes widened in panic, wondering if he had done something to piss off the Campbell Dawn.

"You're Luke Maybank's kid." Campbell was beyond proud of himself for figuring it out, he knew JJ looked familiar when they were at the cinema, he just couldn't place it.

JJ clenched his jaw and nodded. "I am." He muttered, he hated being associated with his dad after everything he's put him through.

"How is your father?" Shoupe questioned curiously.

"He's good sir." JJ lied and Atlanta could see straight through it.

She grabbed his hand, she didn't care that her family or Campbell could see. JJ needed her comfort right now, so she was offering it to him.

"So, hows life down in the cut?" Shoupe questioned looking to both Campbell and JJ.

"No power, no warmth, no running water. It's perfect." JJ responded sarcastically.