FIFTEEN

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
CINEMA
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

Atlanta linked arms with Barnaby as Campbell and the siblings headed down to where JJ, Pope and Kie were sat.

JJ stood up and smiled once he saw the brunette, he opened his arms and waited for her. Atlanta pulled away from Barnaby and ran into the boys arms.

She threw her arms around his shoulders and wrapped her legs around his waist. JJ stumbled back slightly but quickly regained his balance.

"Hey princess." JJ said as he tightened his arms around her and span around. Atlanta felt complete and utter happiness in that singular moment.

"So, this is him." Campbell said, cracking his knuckles as JJ placed Atlanta down. "The boy you won't shut up about?" He was trying to act tougher than he was, which made Atlanta chuckle. She had gotten to know the boy and really he was a huge softie.

"Shut up, Campbell." Atlanta groaned and hid her face in JJ's chest. Kie and Pope stifled a laugh.

Barnaby was thankful that both JJ and Pope we're here, so that Campbell didn't feel like the cinema was a Kook's only thing. Barnaby wanted to bring Campbell, to show him off to everyone, to let them know Campbell is his and he is Campbell's.

"Campbell Dawn." Campbell smiled placing out his hand for JJ shake.

Campbell didn't exactly have to introduce himself. JJ already knew who he was. All the pogues did. He was a legend. JJ's dad told him stories about Campbell and the Dawn family when he was growing up.

"JJ Maybank." JJ smiled and shook his hand, the guy had a firm grip.

"Pope Heyward." Pope announced once Campbell had turned to him. "This is Kiara Carrera."

"Bit formal." Atlanta muttered to Campbell, her eyes widening slightly as she rocked back and forth on her heels.

"Right, I'm going to get some drinks, Campbell do you want anything?" Barnaby questioned curiously.

"Coke please." Campbell smiled at his boyfriend.

"I'm gonna come too." Kie said looking towards Barnaby. "You guys want anything?" Pope and JJ both asked for a Pepsi.

Atlanta watched Barnaby and Kie walk away, making small talk. Her eyes flickered over the field and landed on Topper, Rafe and Kelce. Atlanta scoffed and rolled her eyes. She hadn't forgiven him and she wasn't going too, not with out a proper apology.

JJ sat down and Atlanta took a seat beside him. She looked up to the boy and placed a kiss on his cheek. His arm wrapped around the back of her seat and she leant closed into him.

"So, we just saw Rafe, and he said and I quote, 'tell your boy that we know what he did'." Kie said as she handed Pope and JJ a Pepsi. Barnaby handed Campbell his coke and leant down to Atlanta to hand her a sprit.

"Thank you." She whispered with a small smile. Barnaby knew it was her favourite, and that he would have picked it her up without question, which was why she didn't tell him what she wanted.

"What is that?" Kie questioned raising her brow.

"Where is he?" JJ questioned curiously.

"Right there." Kie said as the six of them all turned to look at Rafe, Topper and

Kelce. Topper smirked and waved at Atlanta, who threw her middle finger up at him. No way with a simple wave was she going to forgive him. He would have to try a lot harder than that.

"Great the whole death squad." Pope panicked, his voice cracking as he spoke.

"Don't stare idiots." Campbell said as he turned both Pope and JJ away. He had only known them a few minutes but instantly felt comfortable around them.

"Just warning you, if they corner me, I'm coming out swinging okay?" JJ said as he looked between Pope and Atlanta. "Slice and Dicin'. I'm on edge right now."

Atlanta stifled a laugh at the blonde boy and grabbed his hand. She placed a light kiss on his knuckles. JJ smiled at the interaction. He liked when she was close to him physically. It made him happy.

"If that doesn't work, I got this right here." JJ said holding up his bag.

Atlanta instantly let go of his hand. He brought the gun? She knew he was on about bringing it earlier but she didn't think he'd actually do it.

"So we just gotta stay in the group. They can't get us in the group." Pope looked past Atlanta and to JJ.

"Like a school of fish." JJ nodded.

Barnaby furrowed his brows at what the boys were on about, but quickly became distracted by Campbell linking their hands together. He lowered his head and smiled, proud that Campbell was willing to hold his hand in public.

"Stay in the school. Can't leave the school." Pope muttered to himself.

"I'm sorry, JJ. Please tell me that you did not bring a gun here. JJ, there are kids." Kie leant forward to scold the blonde boy. He clenched his jaw slightly.

"No! Kie, I didn't bring the gun." He said putting on a fake smile. "Everything's fine, okay?"

Campbell instantly knew he was lying. Even if the others didn't, JJ had a gun in that bag. Campbell could pick up on almost every lie sign, and in that one sentence, JJ showed at least five signs.

"Wow, thank you. That's really convincing. I love that JJ." Kie responded sarcastically.

"Why'd you bring the gun?" Atlanta whispered heartbroken. She wanted this date not to be chaotic, she wanted it to be calm and fun, maybe even a little romantic.

"Founding principle you guys, no secrets amongst Pogues. I get why you're not telling these-" Atlanta put her head down in shame, she already knew. "Atlanta knows?" Kie scoffed. "What is Rafe talking about?"

"Kie, it might go down tonight." Pope said placing his hand on the girls shoulder.

"What does that mean? 'Might go down tonight' What did y'all do?" Kie questioned, she was getting more and more annoyed by the minute. "Atlanta?" Atlanta looked to JJ who subtly shook his head.

The brunette let go of a heavy sigh. This wasn't her story to tell. She had promised Pope that she would stay quiet and that was a promise she didn't intend on breaking.

"Deny. Deny, deny." JJ whispered to Pope, who also looked up to him.

"Atlanta?" The brunette turned and faced her brother. "What's going on?"

"Nothing B, shh the movies starting." She said with a soft smile that made her dimples show.

JJ placed his hands on Atlanta's thigh and gave it a small squeeze. "I'm sorry for bringing the gun." He whispered into her ear. "I'm really hoping, this won't ruin our date."

Atlanta turned to face the boy, making their noses brush together and their warm breaths mingle. She could tell that he felt guilty. And for that she decided to give him a second chance.

"You'll have to make it up to me." She said flashing him a toothy smile and turning her attention back to the movie.

JJ couldn't help to smile. He took a quick glance at Topper who clenched his jaw at how close the pair were.

Topper hated the idea of Atlanta with a Pogue, let alone JJ. He was bad for her. Any Pogue was bad for her. She deserved someone who could give her anything she needed and wanted. She deserved someone like-

-she deserved better.