FIFTY

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
BUGGING
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

"If this guy was flying planes for Ward, he's gotta be pretty tight lipped." Pope announced as Kie drove them towards Gavin's house.

"So then direct approach gets my vote." JJ nodded in confirmation as he reloaded his gun and flicked the safety on.

Atlanta gave the boy a disapproving look, he knew she hated guns. So before Pope could finish telling him to put down the gun, he already stashed it away in his waistband.

"Sorry, princess." He wrapped his arm around Atlanta's shoulders and pulled her into his chest, pressing his lips against her cheek.

The brunette softly smile towards JJ, causing him to smile back down at her, showing off his dimples. She slowly placed her feet up on the car seat, glancing towards Kie to see if she would say anything, but thankfully she didn't.

JJ chuckled, placing one hand on the girls thigh and the other was combing through her hair. He could look at her for ages and not get bored. He loved the way that her hazel eyes glistened or the way that the corner of her lips curled upwards naturally.

"We gotta keep this simple, or we'll never get John B off." He snapped out of his daze and reminding himself that right now they were all concerned about getting John B back.

"Or we just tickle the wire." Pope announced, as he held up Kie's airpods.

"What?" Kie furrowed her brows in confusion.

"We tickle the wire." Pope shrugged as if what he was talking about was obvious. "I plant my phone in his car, and then we listen in on your AirPods. Say something."

Pope explained as he placed in Kie's airpods. Atlanta watched the pair carefully, technically, bugging someone's car wasn't illegal, although it can be taken to court if Gavin found out and decided that it was a violation of his privacy.

"Something." Kie shrugged, grimacing at the way she sounded afterwards.

"Okay, we have audio." Pope nodded.

"You know that technically, we could go to jail for this." Atlanta pointed out as she sat up right.

JJ didn't hesitate on wrapping his arms around the girls small waist and pulling her closer to him. His head rested on her shoulder, and her hand instinctively found its way to his hair, her fingers combing through the ends.

"I think that's his house over there." Pope announced as he motioned over to Gavin's house. "All right, honk or, uh... or yell or something if you see anything suspicious."

"Don't do anything dangerous." Kie warned protectively.

Atlanta made a note that the two had become closer, not quiet like her and JJ but certified closer. She wasn't sure if it's as love or even like, but it was something.

"Come on. I'm not JJ." Pope shrugged, causing Atlanta to let go of a small giggle, earning a playful shocked look from JJ.

"Imma go with Pope." Atlanta announced and before JJ could even say anything to stop her, she jumped out of the car and rushed off with Pope.

JJ watched in shock as his girlfriend and best friend ran off to bug Gavin's car. It wasn't exactly something that Atlanta would usually do, but he knew that her dad was the Sheriff and if they did get caught, she'd take the blame and he'd let her off with less than a warning.

Atlanta ducked behind a wall and pulled Pope back with her as Gavin was at his BBQ, once he had gone inside, she nodded towards Pope and they slowly made their way to his car.

The brunette opened the front door and placed her hand out for the phone, only for Pope to look at her in pure confusion.

"The phone, Pope." Atlanta whispered harshly, Pope nodded understandingly, making the girl have to bite her bottom lip to prevent herself from bursting out laughing at his obliviousness.

She quickly took a glance at Gavin, who was still in his house before reaching into his car and placing the phone under the seat.

"Is it done?" Pope questioned, placing his hand on the small of the girls back protectively.

Although he barely did anything, he wouldn't let her get caught. Pope knew that JJ would kill him if he let anything happen to Atlanta and that was not something that he was prepared to let happen.

"It's done." Atlanta confirmed as she closed the car door.

Pope grabbed the girls hand and pulled her back to the car with him. He didn't want them to get caught now that they had successfully planted the phone.

"Okay. Phase one is complete." Pope announced as he jumped into the car.

Atlanta smiled towards JJ, she leant over and pressed her lips against his. JJ's hand cupped the back of the girls neck, pulling her closer to him. She pulled away with a warm smile.

"Hey princess, was everything okay?" JJ questioned concerned for the brunette.

She nodded in confirmation, linking their hands together and she then looked towards Kie, who had a tight lipped smile on her face. Atlanta furrowed her brows, wondering what had happened whilst she and Pope were gone.

Pope seemed to have noticed the shift in the air too since he looked back at Atlanta with a confused look. The brunette just shrugged, not wanting to over think the conversations that Kie and JJ could have had. Instead, she just rested her head on JJ's shoulder and closed her eyes, trying to ignore her anxiety.