TEN

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
CLICHÉ
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

Rafe had decided to head back to the Thornton's place, with both Topper and Atlanta. Atlanta said that she needed some breathing space, that Topper needed to talk to Rafe and let him know what he did was wrong. Topper assured the girl that he would try to talk to him.

Atlanta sat on the edge of the dock, she didn't even question the boat that had pulled up not too far away, she just assumed it was some of Topper's friends trying to make a big entrance.

That was until one of them jumped into the water and swam onto Topper's wakesetter. Atlanta didn't make the connection at first.

"Pope?" Atlanta questioned as she stood up and walked towards the boy. "What are you doing here?" She slowly stepped into the wakesetter.

"I-" Pope tried to think of an excuse but nothing was coming to mind. He was caught red handed. He was so going to jail, meaning he would lose his scholarship.

"You want to hurt him back right?" Atlanta questioned and pulled the plug out from the boat, taking out the plug would eventually make the boat sink. "Truthfully, so do I, T wouldn't let me help you, for that I'm sorry. I'm also sorry for what they did to you." She handed Pope the plug with a smirk. "Is that JJ?" Atlanta questioned, looking at the boy with sunglasses and a balaclava on.

"Yeah." Pope nodded. He couldn't believe that a Kook was apologising to him.

He was grateful that she tried to help him. He had told JJ that too, which JJ boasted about saying 'his girl wouldn't do anything to hurt one of his friends' and Pope happened to agree.

"We best go." Atlanta said as she dove into the water and swam to the boat. Pope waited a minute to make sure that the wakesetter was sinking before following behind.

Atlanta climbed up the ladders on the side of the boat, JJ must have seen her coming because he offered her a hand to help her up.

"Thanks." She smiled sweetly.

"What are you doing here Princes-What happened to your face?" JJ seethed angrily as he cupped her face and noticed the graze.

She didn't look as bad as Pope, but he thought Rafe and Topper were her friends. He thought that all Kooks were meant to stick together. He'd never heard of a Kook hurting one of their own.

"I'm fine, JJ." Atlanta attempted to plaster a fake smile on her face, but JJ could see straight through it. She was upset. That much was obvious.

"Was this Rafe? Topper? I'll kill them. I fuck-"

Atlanta grabbed JJ's shirt and pulled him down to her. He rested his head against hers and let out a small sigh. He knew he shouldn't get so worked up.

"Shut up." Atlanta smiled at how sweet he really was. She wrapped her arms around his shoulder she placed a light kiss on his lips. "I'm okay J." She smiled, JJ didn't hesitate and slammed his lips on hers.

His hands wrapped around her waist and used the small of her back to pull her closer to him. JJ smiled into the kiss, making Atlanta smile. Their lips moulded together perfectly, he never wanted to break apart from her.

Pope cleared his throat as he climbed up the boat. He showed JJ the plug, Atlanta didn't say anything, she let JJ believe that Pope was the one who did it. He deserved that.

"Wow, you did it. I am so proud of you right now. Holy crap." JJ said with a huge smile on his face.

"JJ? Atlanta? " Pope said breathlessly as he looked at the pair.

"Yeah?" JJ nodded, wrapping his arms around Atlanta's shoulders and pulling her into him.

He wanted to protect her, always. He wanted her as close as possible at all times. He loved the way he could rest his head on her shoulders so perfectly or the way that she subconsciously traced patterns over his hands. He found it soothing.

"We can't tell anybody." Pope reminded the boy, hoping that he wouldn't tell Kie or John B. If anyone did find out he could go to jail.

"Oh, no yeah, totally dude." JJ shook his head and let out a small laugh.

"No, JJ, I'm serious dude. Not Kie. Not John B, nobody." Pope said taking a step closer to JJ.

Atlanta's hands linked with JJ's, making him smile. He noticed the way that Pope's eyes flickered down to their interlocked hands and the corners of his lips curled upwards ever so slightly.

"Yup, my lips are sealed. Give me that. Give me that." JJ grabbed the plug from Pope, unlinked from Atlanta and threw the plug into the water. "Okay! Let's get out of here." JJ said as he grabbed Atlanta hand and twirled her around, making her giggle.

Atlanta pulled off the wet top that was sticking to her body and left it outside the boat to try, leaving her in a red bikini. JJ's eyes flickered up and down her body.

"You're so hot." He blurted out, he didn't even mean too. It just happened, almost as if he had no control over what he was saying.

"Thanks, Maybank." Atlanta smirked as she tapped his chest and went to stand beside Pope. "I'm sorry for what they did to you." Atlanta admitted as she reached up for her flower, but noticed it was gone. "Fuck."

"What's wrong?" JJ questioned noticing the girl was freaking out. He'd never seen her look so panicked.

"I-I lost my flower when I jumped into the water."

Atlanta looked around to see if the clip was floating, but it wasn't. And she wasn't completely surprised, she just felt guilty. It was the only thing that she had which tied her to her mother.

"It's okay princess, just breathe." JJ said as he ran his hands up and down her arms soothingly. "The second we get back on land, we will find you a real one for the time being." Atlanta smiled at the blonde boy. He was a huge softie on the inside.

"Thank you." She whispered as he placed a light kiss on her head. He had no idea how much the flower meant to her, but he was willing to help her replace it until she got home.

JJ jumped off the boat and offered a hand out to Atlanta, to help her step into the dock. She had his shirt on again now, since it had dried. He ran down to a small patch of grass and pick a random yellow flower. He walked back to Atlanta with a soft smile on his face.

"Here you go, princess." JJ said as he pushed a piece of hair behind her ear and place the flower in her hair with a smile.

"Thank you." She whispered. "It's beautiful." Atlanta appreciate the small gesture.

JJ's hand cupped her face and his thumb ran over her bottom lip, pulling it down slightly. His eyes scanned her face and smiled. He leant down and gently placed his lips on hers.

Atlanta could be help but smile as his lips met hers, they moulded together to perfectly. The kiss wasn't rushed or heated like it normally was, it was slow and patient. Almost as if they were savouring the moment.

JJ's hands rested at the small of her back, pulling her even close to him. Atlanta's arms wrapped around his shoulders and she stood on her tip toes so he don't have to bend down as much.

Atlanta Shoupe was tiny, she was only 5'3 and JJ was 6'0. JJ let out as small chuckle and lifted her up slightly, making her feet dangle.

JJ placed her back on the ground and pulled away with a huge smile on her face. "Thank you." Atlanta whispered, her eyes fluttering open.

"Thank you?" JJ quizzed. Atlanta nodded as she took in the boys messy blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes.

She was in trouble. She was a sucker for the cliches and happened to fall for boys too quickly. She often got her heart broken because of this. She just hoped JJ wasn't the same.