EIGHT

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
ROV
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

Atlanta woke up with a huge headache. Her hand clutched the side of her head and she squinted her eyes due to the sun that was peeking through the curtains. She let her eyes adjust for a minute before looking around.

She wasn't at home.

"JJ?" Atlanta whispered as she looked at the boy asleep on the floor.

She found herself smiling at him. At how innocent and vulnerable he looked. His hair fell in front of his eyes and his lips were pouted ever so slightly.

"Morning princess." He whispered back groggily. He rubbed his eyes and let out a low groan. "How you feeling?"

"Shitty." Atlanta mumbled honestly. "And uncomfortable." She said as she looked down at her pastel pink dress from the night previous. "How did I even end up here?"

"John B and I saw you on our way back from-" He couldn't tell her that he was heading back from breaking into his dads old work, aka the scrapyard. "Dropping Pope off." JJ said as he sat on the bed, "You were pretty drunk."

"Rise and shine!" John B sang as he swung the door opened, Kie and Pope were stood behind him, holding the ROV.

"Good morning to you too." Atlanta chuckled, she winced slightly at his loud tone but then noticed Pope and Kie standing behind him looking at her in confusion. Kie didn't really like Atlanta, mainly because Atlanta 'stole' Sarah from her.

"Get dresses JJ, we'll be down at the docks when you're ready." Kie instructed.

Atlanta laughed and saluted, even though she wasn't talking to her. The three of them left, leaving JJ and Atlanta alone again.

"I text Barney last night, he knows you're safe. I told him you were staying here." JJ admitted with a small smile as he searched through his duffel bag for a new top to wear.

"Thank you." Atlanta smiled gratefully.

Atlanta didn't know whether she was actually thankful, Barnaby may think that JJ is hot, but that doesn't mean that he trusts or likes him. She wondered if he told their dad or if he remained silent and did say a word to him.

"You want to borrow something?" JJ questioned looking back at the girl.

"I don't suppose you have any dresses in there do you?" She chuckled, as she fixed the flower in her hair.

JJ had let her fall to sleep with it in her hair. She allowed the corners of her lips to curl upwards. He knew how much it meant to her without even knowing why she wore it.

"I can't say I do." JJ laughed, "But, my tops will be like a dress on you anyways." He shrugged and threw a top to her. "Plus it's better than staying in that, it looks uncomfortable."

Atlanta let out a half hearted chuckle, "It is."

There hadn't been one day in Atlanta's life that she hadn't wore a dress. So to be wearing a shirt as a dress would be different to say the least. Atlanta pulled off her dress and pulled on JJ's plain dark blue shirt.

She tried her hardest to make the shirt seem more dress like, but nothing was working. She'll admit, she did like the way the shirt brought her comfort and safety.

JJ didn't miss the way the girl brought the shirt up to her nose and inhaled. He smiled, a light blush forming on his cheeks at the fact that he knew it smelt like him.

"It looks good on you." JJ complimented, making Atlanta blush, more so that she was already since she knew JJ had caught her smelling his shirt.

"Thanks." She smiled and twirled around.