TWENTY SIX

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
GOLD
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

"Holy crap, you know what this is? It just hit me." JJ said as he glanced towards Atlanta who sat on the edge of the well in his black hoodie. She didn't have any dark dresses so, JJ leant her his jumper. "Pope look. This is C.H.U.D. Full C.H.U.D."

JJ pulled down his balaclava and picked Atlanta up to pull her away from the well. The last thing they needed was for her to fall down and be injured.

"What is he talking about?" John B whispered looking over to Pope.

"Cannibalistic humanoid underground dwellers. Have you guys not seen that film?" JJ questioned in shock, he loved that film.

"Can't say I have, no." Pope shock his head.

"It's actually a good film. It's about like cannibals that live in the sewers and under New York City." JJ attempted to explain it, but Atlanta began singing Humpty Dumpty.

JJ's hand clamped over her mouth and she sighed. Atlanta furrowed her brows, wondering why she wasn't allowed to sing anymore. Slowly, JJ released his hand from around her mouth.

"What happens if I fall in?" Atlanta questioned breaking away from JJ. "Will all the kings horses and all the kings men come and put me back together again?"

JJ quickly pulled her back said, "I'm gonna have to tie you down with this rope."

Atlanta looked up at him through her lashes and muttered, "Please."

Pope let out an awkward cough and JJ went bright red. John B tried his hardest not to burst out laughing at his friends embarrassment. Atlanta just looked at the boy hopefully.

JJ gave her a warning look and Atlanta sighed and sat back down. "Fine. I'll be good, I promise."

John B got all kitted up and ready to go down into the well. "Boys I have one request." He let go of a shaky breath.

"Yeah?" Both the boys said and Atlanta sat against the wall with her finger on her lips, waiting until she got her next instruction.

"Don't drop me." John B practically begged.

"Whoa!" JJ said as he pretended to loose control of the rope.

Atlanta laughed at the panicked expression on John B's face and recreated it. John B smiled over at her, he'd never seen her like this before, she seemed almost free.

"Okay, you're gonna die first, for sure." John B said as he glared towards JJ, who he trusted least to hold him up.

"Gotcha ya." JJ said in a fake British accent.

"Alright just keep panning it out nice and slow like that." Pope nodded towards JJ.

Atlanta occupied herself with a pot doll until she thought she heard something from the well. She crawled towards the edge. She frowned once she realised that she couldn't hear or see anything.

"Did you guys hear that?" She questioned peering over and if it wasn't for JJ wrapping his arm around her and pulling her back, she would have fallen in.

However, because he grabbed her, he let go off the rope, meaning John B fell. JJ was quick to get back on the rope. His hands wrapped around it tightly, hissing as the rope burned his hand.

"I told you not to drop me." John B shouted making Atlanta jump.

"I'm sorry Johnny." She whispered and let a few tears roll down her cheek. "Don't be mad."