THIRTY ONE

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
DRUGS
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

"What the fuck is this?" Atlanta shouted as she pushed Campbell against a wall.

She held the bag of drugs up in her hand. The whole walk home she was rehearsing things to say to him. But nothing seemed good enough. Nothing could explain how angry she was at Campbell. She trusted him.

How was she going to confront her brothers boyfriend about having a stash of drugs in his room. How was she going to explain what she was doing there? What was her excuse for being there?

"What are you doing?" Barnaby shouted as he watched his sister hold up a bag of coke.

His eyes were wide, where the hell did she even get it from? Why was she pinning Campbell against a wall. What had he done? Was it his? Was he dating a drug dealer?

"I asked you a question. What is this?" She held the bag of drugs up to his face. "Hey? Answer me." Campbell clenched his jaw, and looked towards Barnaby. "Don't look at him, look at me." Atlanta shouted, tears forming in her eyes from how angry she actually was.

"They're not mine." Campbell shook his head, he didn't even try to resist or push Atlanta away.

Atlanta knew that if he wanted too, he would push her out of the way with very little effort. He was much stronger than her.

"Funny, Then how come I found them in your room." Atlanta cocked her head slightly, narrowing her eyes at the boy.

"What were you doing at the trailer park?" Barnaby shouted, placing his hand on Atlanta's shoulder and pulling her off of Campbell. "Atlanta Carson!"

Both the Shoupe siblings felt protective over each other. It was why Barnaby wanted to meet JJ and go to parties with Atlanta. But it was also why Atlanta went to Barry's trailer and searched Campbell's room.

"Barry held me and my friends a gun point. He searched the van for the-" Atlanta cut herself off, she didn't want to tell Barnaby or Campbell about the gold. She knew that the Pogues wouldn't be happy if she told someone.

She saw how they reacted once John B told Sarah, none of them were happy. She didn't want to break their trust after she only just gained it.

"I hate drugs Attie, and I hate living there. It was my only option at the time and still is. Why do you think I'm here all the time?" Campbell resorted and Atlanta let go of Campbell. "Did you say he held you at gun point?" Atlanta merely nodded. "That mother fucker is so fucking dead."

"Are you okay?" Atlanta nodded to her brother, who then turned to Campbell. "You can move in here if you want." Barnaby stated calmly. "I mean, I'm sure dad wouldn't mind."

"Open this fucking door!" Barry shouted as there was a loud bang against the Shoupe's front door. "I know you're in there Cam!"

"Two minutes." Campbell said as he made his way to the front door. He swung open the door and clenched his jaw. "What do you want."

"That little bitch stole $25K and coke from me." Barry shouted looking up to Campbell who towered over him. "I want it back." Barry was seething with anger and red in the face.

Campbell clenched his fist and swung at Barry. He felt so angry that Barry had held Atlanta at gun point. She was only 16, she didn't deserve that. Barry needed to grow up.

"Don't you ever come near Atlanta or her friends again do you understand me?" Campbell said as he pinned Barry down to the floor and punched him once again.

Barry attempted to punch Campbell back, but Campbell caught his fist and twisted it around before he could do anything. Barry was pinned to the ground and unable to move.

"DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!" Campbell shouted.

"I understand." Barry muttered, wincing slightly.

Atlanta stood next to Barnaby as they watched Campbell tower over Barry. "Okay, that was hot." Atlanta muttered as she watched the interaction.

"You have a boyfriend." Barnaby reminded the brunette.

Atlanta pursed her lips and nodded. "Not yet." She muttered. He hadn't asked her to get his girlfriend officially, which kind of saddened her.

"Are you okay, Attie?" Barnaby questioned as he pulled the girl into a hug. He thought that he would ask her again incase she was trying to act brave in front of Campbell. "He didn't hurt you did he?" Atlanta shook her head but wrapped her arms around her brother.

"I need to go and find the others. If Barry's come here, he will have gone for them too." Atlanta panicked.

She pulled away from her brother, grabbed the keys to Greggory, Barneys car, and ran out of the house, shouting a quick thank you to Campbell.

Atlanta wasted no time in driving over time the Cameron's, but Sarah wasn't there. According to Wheezie she was still out and was yet to return home.

She then went to JJ's but she saw that he wasn't in his room and his dad was passed out on the couch, so nobody was there either.

Finally, Atlanta made her way to John B's next. She was so anxious. What if Barry has already been to everyone's and Atlanta's was the final stop. What if she was too late to help them?

Atlanta tapped on the steering wheel anxiously as she turned into John B's Chateau. She couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief once she saw Pope and Kie stood by Popes dad's car.

She got out and ran towards them. "You're okay!" Atlanta smiled and threw her arms around Pope.

Pope stumbled back, shocked at the random action, but he eventually hugged her back. He normally didn't do physical affection, but she seemed panicked.

"What happened?" Kie questioned curiously.

"Barry came to my house." Atlanta looked around, expecting a blonde boy to appear around the corner any second. "Where's JJ?" Atlanta questioned as lights turned on.