[61] Part 2

MICHELLE

Finally, the perfect venue for our destination wedding was picked. It was the fucking Bahamas. May wanted a beach wedding but Ollie wanted it to be in a church.

So they both came to a compromise- a common ground after lots of debate and backward and forward movement. The wedding will be on the church while the reception will be at the beach.

Yah! It was the perfect combination. It was just a week to the wedding. Plans and preparations were on top gear so we decided to travel two days before the D-day.

We had dress rehearsals and also the bachelors eve and the bachelorette party to plan and execute.

It was like I was the one getting married because I had to work closely with the wedding planner. Eve was one hell of a planner. She was a perfectionist. She wanted everything to be perfect.

I rolled my eyes at her when she yelled at one⁰, of the decor guys who mistakenly pushed a flower down to the floor.

"Fix it, fix it right now. We have just two hours to he dress rehearsal and the whole place still looks messy" she screamed.

"Ughhhh..... I want this to be perfect. I've worked so hard in planning this wedding and you're not going to ruin it" she yelled pointing at another set of persons who were setting the already arranged tables.

"She's draining all of my energy" I sighed looking at Bridget. "No seriously, do i have to be here?" I shook my head.

She huffed chuckling "That's what you signed up for"

I opened my mouth and looked at her. "Really?.. no Brie really?. I remember you asked me to accept it" I stressed.

"Yea...... I remember she said in a soft tone but how was I supposed to know what it entailed?"

I chuckled and yanked her arms causing her to groan loudly. Eve shot us a fiery look from her eyes and we both lowered our heads down trying to hold in our laughter. Once her eyes were off us, we both laughed out quietly.

The guys were seriously planning Ollie's party because we've not set our eyes on them since we woke up.

We all flew in together and were also staying at the same hotel. I and Bryan were sharing a room, same went for Bridget and Nora. And of course other of their friends were also there especially May's model colleagues.

Eve has had me on my feet all day since yesterday. She wanted me to be everywhere with her like we were both planning the wedding. She said it was part of my duty as a chief bridesmaid. How come she wasnt stressing the best man like this or wasnt it part of his duty I pondered. I wished the best man was really here, it would have been less stressful.

"Ok guys, we are done here" she said taking a last minute glance at what she had organized.
It was lovely. The beach was just the perfect for the reception.

"Finally" l breathed heavily after spending almost six hours setting up for the dress rehearsals.

We returned back to the hotel to prepare after Eve had stressed and warned "Do not be late" I j May's parents were supposed to fly in today. Maybe she had gone to pick them up from the airport but I wanted to confirm so I knocked on her door gently when there was no response, I and opened it.

There she was trying on her wedding gown again and admiring herself.

"You look beautiful" I told her almost tearing up after admiring her.

She giggled in laughter. "Thanks love. I bet Ollie won't be able to take his eyes off me."

I helped her off the gown after she was done testing it again. Then we headed out to welcome her parents. Ollie went to pick them up.

It was time for the wedding rehearsals. Everyone was properly dressed. Since the wedding was in the church, we decided to do the procession and the ceremony there and later on did the other part at the reception.

The rehearsals went well from the procession to the the vows, to the exchange of rings. Then down to the reception; the toast, the bestman speech, the dance, the food, the drinks, everything was perfect.

The rehearsals are into our bachelorette time. So as soon as we were done, we pulled May away and stole her into the night likewise the guys.

**********

We woke quite early the next day for people who literally spent the entire night clubbing. If it wasnt for me, we would probably still be in bed but Eve's voice kept ringing in my ears. "Dont be late otherwise I'll kill you. As much as tomorrow is a big day for Ms. Delaure, it is also for me. Please dont ruin it" I sure knew what that meant to her.

That was why I kept acting like an overly controlling chaperone last night and gladly uneasy able to get us back to the hotel before 2am even though some of May's friends stayed behind.

She needed her beauty sleep without red eyes, eye bags and black lines for her big day. Well unlike us, the guys really got in late because when I got to the room, an empty bed signalled Bryan was still out, probably delivering on his bestman duties as was I.

I just snuggled into bed coiling myself up, I first set an alarm for 7am before pulling the duvet over my body.