[35]

MICHELLE

Once I was out infront of the building, I noticed Taylor and Megan standing by the car. I smiled and rolled my eyes before getting in. I wasnt surprised to see them at all because I knew Bryan had called them.

"How sweet of him" I murmured but, why was I even angry at him? What happened at the hospital wasnt his fault, and he tried defending me too. I dont know, maybe because it was his mother.

Honestly, Seeing that woman today made me wonder if she wasnt mentally deranged. How could she accuse me of attacking Boyce. I shook my head and informed Taylor, where I was headed.

My phone vibrated and when I picked it was Harper. "Hey Michelle, how are you? When I didnt answer, she continued "Am really sorry about what happend to you. Seven wants you to come by the office later today. It's about our clients condition and tomorrow's outcome.

"Ok, thanks. I will be there" and I hung up.

Harper was one crazy human. I felt more comfortable with Cassidy than her. I didnt even know she's been hitting on Bryan all these while. she always seemed off and anxious whenever he was around. She must be joking to think that I will let Bryan go for her.

Nora's office wasnt so far from mine so we got there in like fifteen minutes. Taylor followed me inside.

As we walked in, The whole place was so rowdy and busy, that I wondered what gossip they were working on.

I could sense the numerous eyes lurking at my direction like I'd turned into a celebrity overnight. I knew they all knew who I was. Maybe I have not said it.

My name and face had gradually found their way to the stupid tabloids. First was when I returned from Nigeria with Bryan.

Someone must have taken a photograph of him kissing me and made it viral with different stupid headings. Then again during Boyces first court appearance.

They only lasted for few weeks while Bryan taught me how to ignore them so that they dont hurt me. Because I came across so many hurtful comments and statements but in all i had built a thick skin.

I reminisced hard and bumped into Samantha.

"Oh, hey Michelle, it's so good to see you after a long while"  She smiled at me checking me out.

I was glad that the army green skater buckled dress I wore did a whole lot to my body.

"Thanks Sam" I flashed a smile. "Ugh.... Nora" I asked about her.

"Oh shes in Dylan's office" she winked at me and walked on.

"What!" I said softly, I can't go to Dylans office, I rather go wait for her in her office.

Samantha was Nora's close friend and office mate while Dylan was her supervisor who had a crush on me and trust me, I wasnt ready for his whole drama today.

I waited in Nora's office for almost thirty minutes before she rushed in. "Michelle, I'm sorry for keeping you waiting" she apologized and hugged me.

"Its ok" I patted her back, then she motioned at the door.

"Seriously, So Taylor now crosses every boundary?"

"That's what am seeing" I shrugged.

"Anyways, Dylan asked of you?"

"What?  how did he know i was here"  I shot her a fiery look.

"Hey, calm down babe before you shoot missiles outta your eyes" she held up her hands up. "It was Sam"