[1]

"Hey man, thanks for coming" Jake and Ollie shook my hand, giving me a side hug once I stepped into the brand-new, world class studio.

"Way to go Jake, I'm so proud of you bro, finally leaving the dream" I laughed giving him a hug. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. When Jake told me about the grand opening of his studio, I never expected it to be this big. What I was seeing was a world class studio with state of the art finishing.

He led us to a table filled with bottles of all kinds of drinks as we helped ourselves to some bottles of champagne.

"Where's May?" I asked Ollie after noticing her absence.

"She'll be here soon, she went to pick up a friend" he answered, sipping wine from his glass.

The whole place was filled with people dancing, drinking, and chatting. The studio was quite large and well lit and decorated.

Jake had ordered really great acoustic speakers and instruments which I appreciated. I watched as several upcoming artistes performed different songs. The atmosphere was charged up as people danced; I swear I was having so much fun by just watching all the activities that were going on.

"Hey boobear" I heard the voice of the one person who usually called me that - May Delaure. She pecked me on the cheek and kissed Ollie on his lips. Apparently they were dating.

"Guys, meet my friend Autumn Shepherd" she grinned introducing her friend to us.

"Hi Autumn" I shook her hands while Ollie waved his hands casually at her.

Autumn was as tall as May with black straight hairs. She looked more like a model, maybe she was May's work colleague. She was dark and beautiful. May tried to make her feel comfortable around us as she went from talking to us and then back to her.

"I can't see Jake anywhere" May said, her eyes searching through the room. "I want to hug him and tell him how proud I am of him. I can't believe he's now leaving the dream"

"Yea......" Ollie and I cooed beaming with smiles and helping ourselves to more of the champagne that was before us.

"I guess he should be around somewhere" Ollie muttered putting his hands around May's shoulders as we got engrossed with the artiste's performances.

I wondered how Jake got to know the entire people here because this place was freaking full to the brim.

Few minutes later, Jake joined us with a brunette. His hand was wrapped around her lower back. I looked at the lady carefully because I hadn't seen her before - maybe she was just a friend, I thought.

Then Jake introduced her as Gemma, an artist who he was currently working with. She had an oval shaped face with piercings allover her face. She looked interesting even as she laughed; I noticed that, there was also a ring on her tongue.

Ok.... she wasn't my type of woman.

I loved my women without piercings, but i could manage tattoos because I had about two of them somewhere on my body - One could be seen on my right arm, while the other on my back which was quite bolder.

Getting those tattoos was one of the craziest things I did back then in college. I had just broken up with one of my girlfriends that day and was so heartbroken. I had the option of attending one of the biggest music concerts that evening, one which I had planned for a long time but I just saw myself strolling into the tattoo shop.