[29]

MICHELLE

I spent the whole week trying to gain audience with senators Smith and Anderson but they all proved abortive. I visited their offices on several occasions with Cassidy but still no success.

Bryan had also been very busy with work and meetings that we've just seen like thrice in the past week and I was missing him so much.

My body was craving for the warmth of his. My lips wanted to taste the softness of his tongue. My nostrils were not left out; they wanted to inhale that strong scent of raspberry and pine that masked his body.

I was deep and lost in my own thoughts that the vibrating noise of my phone drew me back to life. I picked it up and heard a deep voice at the other end.

"Hello love; Its Quentin speaking” the voice echoed.

Oh my God! He’s called me, my heart raced in my chest.

"Oh hi” I placed the phone on my desk putting it on speaker mode.

"I've been waiting for your calls for like forever, but can we meet today.... please” he pleaded.

"Wha.....What like today?” I repeated....

"Yea... what do you say I pick you up by 7pm for dinner?”

"Whoa.. Whoa...hold on.....” I cut in. "Like a date kind of meeting?”

"Uhm, if that's what you’d call it.”

Was he being serious right now, I mean who does that these days? Asking a girl out indirectly, besides I've got Bryan so I don’t need a date.

Michelle you don’t have to do this, tell this dude off now, a voice in my head spoke...

"No Michelle this is your chance to find out who this mysterious guy is, besides he's so hot and handsome, you've got nothing to lose the other voice opined... after much struggling with my thoughts, I really needed to find out who he was, I was curious..

"I will meet you up at 7pm. Just text the name and address of the place to me” I said into the phone.

"Ok.... Thanks Ms. Jones.... this means alot to me” he said before hanging up.

I was supposed to go relieve Mabel at the hospital, it's been two weeks, now my mom’s been in coma and all we have is a tiny string of hope - I try to be strong.

So I immediately sent Mabel a text pleading with her that I will be coming in late so that she doesn't worry or get angry.

Now how do i dismiss Taylor and Meagan - My personal securities Bryan got me...He even insisted they drive me also. I just needed to come up with an excuse to discharge them right now I thought biting into my lower lip.

********
BRYAN

I dialed her number for the hundredth time tonight within the space of thirty minutes and it still wasn’t connecting. I looked at my watch. It was 11pm and still no word from her as I paced around the hospital room worried.

"Bryan please stop pacing, you're getting me more nervous” Mabel cried out.

"I’m sorry but I can’t help it - I'm getting frustrated not knowing her whereabouts”

"I’m worried too” she sounded... “The last time I heard from her was around 3pm. She sent me a text saying she would be running late.

"Did she say why?”

"No" she shook her head.

I walked out of the hospital to where Taylor and Meagan were standing in the parking lot. I had summoned them there when I thought she was going to be there. But I’m still surprised at how; she still disappeared with two security guards by her side.

"What the hell am I paying you guys for” I yelled angrily at them... "I give you a little job to guard my girlfriend and you fail...".

"We're sorry boss; we didn’t know when she left the office” they both replied.

My cheeks flushed with anger "How can you say that, aren't you professionals? Take me through her itinerary today” I demanded...

Megan began "She went to the office, then she met with Cassidy, they both went to the Senate House. After that she had lunch with Nora and came back to the office”

"At about 5pm, she sent Megan and I to run some errands for her, it was when we got back, we noticed she had left. I tried contacting her but i couldn't get through that was when we decided to let you know” Taylor added.

"I can’t believe you guys, seriously...What was the errand?”  I scowled running my hands through my hair in frustration.

"She asked us to deliver a parcel at Communicis” Taylor said.

"How big was the parcel that required two persons delivering it?"

"It was an envelope".....he said.

Morgan walked up to me, "Sir, We've tried tracking her phone but its difficult because the phone is switched off”

I was literally going crazy, Where was she? This has never happened - has she been kidnapped? This was not looking good at all....I removed my jacket and tossed it at Morgan who gently folded it and put in the car.

“Inform the police right now and Morgan send out a search team immediately” I howled at the three of them as I walked back into the hospital..

"I just got off the phone with Nora, she's also worried and said she will be here soon” Mabel said already tearing up... I dried her tears with my hands while pulling into a hug.

"It’s gonna be ok. She will be fine”

“Please bring back my sister, I can’t stand to lose another person” she sniffled.

“I will” I promised her cupping her cheeks in my hands and assuring her.

*******

The next morning, the police were already at my office building, asking questions and investigating since she was last seen there.

There was a knock on my door and Morgan walked in.

"Boss, we've gone through the security footage, and it caught her leaving the building in a black Uber” Morgan turned the tab to me to scan through.

My eyes widened and I gasped. “That's great, get the plate number of the vehicle and track down the driver now” I instructed him as he walked out of the office...

My stomach rumbled because I had hardly eaten anything. I had no appetite. Mabel and Nora kept calling me, panicking but I assured them, Michelle will be found and unhurt. I was also scared but I had to show bravery. I guess now was the proper time to have that talk with my mother I said stomping out of the office with Taylor following behind me.

*********
Thanks for reading...
Hope you enjoyed it...

So over the past few days, I've  been dealing with alot of things.. But gradually coming out of it..

Please Stay safe.❤❤