[15]

MICHELLE

Five good hours had gone by since I returned from jogging and yet I just sat infront of my laptop doing series of researches. I'd not even thought about food because I was engrossed in what I was searching for. My mom and Mabel had even tried to distract me but I snubbed them.

First it was just random investigation but then I narrowed it down to Brentarc Group - the company where I worked. I needed to go over the history and how it all started again. Maybe- just maybe the puzzle I'd been searching for will be lying in there.

BRENTARC Group began four years ago and was founded by Bryan Darren Brent - my boyfriend. He was twenty-three years old and had just been certified by the American Institute of Architects as a professional. Brentarc had a very rapid growth rate that in four years had achieved a lot which made them the number 1 in the country. They were majorly into urban design and planning, housing development, real estate, construction, and landscaping. They also had affiliates in the hospitality industry. Brentarc has about five branches in the states and ten spread across the world with close to two thousand staff strength and about thirty shareholders. They also ran a foundation to help foster kids who could not pay to get educated.

I looked up at the clock; it was some minutes past one. "Oh my God," I cried out and quickly jumped into the shower. I was late for my appointment with Nora. Once I was done showering, I wore a jean and an off shoulder red top.

I put on a little mascara, eye liner and lip gloss. I blow dries my hair and let it fall down on my shoulders. I picked up my phone and keys and rushed out of the room.

My mum was flipping through the television channels when I got downstairs. "Hey mum". She turned to look at me "Your breakfast is in the microwave, if you're hungry".

"I'm not mum," I walked over to her on the couch smiling; I planted a kiss on her cheeks and was about walking out when she lugged me back to stand infront of her. "You leave the house without eating, you stay at home - still you don't eat. I hope you're not trying to kill yourself" she cautioned with a frown spread across her face.

"I know mum" I grumbled playfully "But right now, there's a huge case I'm working on but I promise once I'm back, I'll eat". She just shook her head while I kept smiling till I was out of the door.

Bryan had given me the leverage of picking any car of my choice from his fleet of cars and I fell in love with the red mustang. Right now, I was having the best feeling in the world- the one I'd always dreamt off; the girlfriend of a billionaire.

As I thought about it, I and Bryan really happened faster than I envisaged. Within a month, we were already dating and my mom - she'd always cautioned my relationship with Bryan. She wasn't so comfortable with it even though she knew I loved him very much.

She got really mad when Bryan asked me to move in with him. The fact was she told me to quit the relationship because she saw Bryan as one who would play with me and break my heart.

Even to his face, she'd asked him what his intentions towards me were. I swear I had laughed really hard that day. Bryan just sat there trembling and deadpanned. He couldn't utter a word. Grateful my dad showed up and saved the day.

The parking lot of the restaurant where I was meant to meet Nora was damn filled that I could hardly see any space. So I just called Nora out with the intention of having the discussion in the car. When she got in, I drove over to a quiet park that was just around the corner.

Nora was a trustworthy and loyal friend. We met about five years ago and we've been inseparable since then. Unlike my job, hers usually warranted her touring cities, states and countries.