[41]

Maryrose Brent had called the press to her house after two weeks to reveal to them that while she's been dealing with the life of her eldest son, she had lost her younger son, Bryan.

The news after the press conference spread like wild fire. The whole nation was shocked by the news. The news had it that he died in an accident on the bridge but not that he jumped into the bridge.

"I can’t believe that woman" I said to Nora standing on the bridge where he was assumed to have jumped from. I had been visiting this place for a week now and Nora had been very supportive, not just her but everyone.

Bridget had called me earlier to inform me that there will be a meeting in the Brent's residence to plan the funeral service.

I asked her if I was meant to be there, since i was just a girlfriend and not a wife.

"Ofcourse" she said, "Bryan adored you with his life, to him you were family if not even his only family". I thanked her and gave her an affirmative answer.

I never had any issue with Bridget but we were still not too friendly with each other or rather, she still had her reservations about me.

Nora called out to me "Michelle darling, I think it's time to leave, remember you've got to attend that meeting and the drive there is pretty distant". I totally agree with her because all I did was just to stare into the water and sometimes shut my eyes for minutes just to imagine him and see if I could figure out what happened that night.

As I closed my eyes, the image of my trance flashed and it looked real.

I stood behind him, he held onto the pen and was about to sign the documents infront of him but instead of signing, he wrote something on it. That was when I knew that he could see me or better still sense my presence.

He wrote "Quentin Brown". Immediately I opened my eyes and got down from the bridge. I hurried to the car and jumped in. Nora followed.

"Mich what's wrong?" she held my hands on the steerring, "the way you jumped down from the bridge".

I stared into her eyes, "Nora there's somewhere I've got to be now" and she nodded "The meeting at Brent's residence".

"No" I said with a high pitched tone. She looked at me surprised. "Quentin Brown, I need to see him".

"Quentin Brown" she said surprised. "The same guy who kidnapped you and tried to also kill you?"

"Yes" I sighed and pulled out my phone as we drove and called Morgan. He's been there for me this period, including Taylor, Millicent and Megan. He gave me the directions to where he was. When we got there, he joined us to the holding cell where Quentin was locked up for almost four months now.

Once his cell was opened to me, I walked in full of rage “You fucking bastard" I released my fists in his face, and then I continued hitting him "you killed him...... you said you will and you did it..... Bastard! bast...”

Then I was pulled back by Morgan "Miss Jones, please you have to be calm”... I struggled from his grip but he held onto me firmer.

Quentin was a mess, I had broken his nose and he was bleeding. I just hoped I didn’t anger him much but he had to pay for his sins.

First, he kidnapped me and now he kills Bryan, I yelled at him as they fixed his nose "You will pay for everything you've done" And then I was pulled out of the cell.

I was furiously pacing outside and cursing at the bastard.

"Babe, You know that if you need to get information out of this Quentin guy, you can just kiss it goodbye because you just blew your chances".Nora said wearing a long face.