[5]

MICHELLE

I had gone to the hospital to get my sprained ankle checked at the close of work. The doctor applied some ointments on it and wrapped it gently in a bandage. He then gave me some medications to help relieve the pains.

As the Uber pulled over in front of my house, my father was seated there glancing over his phone. I had only wished I was able to keep my embarrassment from the world but obviously it was not going to work.

“Hey peanut, what happened to your legs?" he came and helped me up the front stairs onto the porch.

“It’s nothing much dad, Just a little sprained ankle. I will be fine. I just have to reduce physical activities for a while" I told him as he helped me up to my bedroom.

I was glad my mother was not around to see me this way. She would have lashed out. So all I needed to do was avoid her as much as possible even though I knew it was impossible. Better still tell my dad not to mention it to her or probably stay away at Nora’s place till am all healed up.

BRYAN

I looked crazy as hell. I’ve not been able to put my thoughts together. I had barely even thought of food or eating anything. I was partially glad May had planned and invited me over for this dinner at their house. Well “their house”, because she and Ollie moved in together so they literally live together.

On days where I had very personal stuffs, I preferred driving myself while on other days, Gerald and Morgan accompanies me.

I pulled into the driveway of Ollie and May’s residence.  Their house was an all-white duplex. It was beautiful both exterior and interior. I rang the doorbell and waited a little before the door flung open. It was about few minutes to 7pm.

“Hey man, it’s good to see you, thought you changed your mind". Ollie gave me a side hug as I walked in.

I rolled my eyes at him “changed my mind? You know I can’t, even if I want to, your girlfriend will murder me and I mean literally” I teased him.

I walked into the kitchen where May was roasting the chickens. “Hey, boobear, I pecked her on her both cheeks. She threw her hands across my neck and hugged me warmly almost even kissing me as she stared into my eyes. I could feel Ollie’s piercing eyes shooting missile through my back out to my chest.

“Hello"…… Ollie waved his hands at us. “Boyfriend standing over here”.

We chuckled and pulled apart. Then I  whispered to her “Are you ok?"

“Yea, she nodded making a puppy face….. “I just missed you” and just when I was about to respond she added “Stop staying away for too long boo; you know my heart can’t take it".

I chuckled softly. “Yes boss, I got you and am sorry for making you miss me much" I said to her.

“Alright darlings, dinner will be served soon she said as I walked out of the kitchen with Ollie.

“Ok, Bryan, What was the meaning of that?" Oliver accousted me once we were seated on the couch.

I looked at him confused “I don’t know honestly." And questioned him back. "What did you do to her?" I stared at him.

“Really, you’re asking me what I did to her his tone rising, Listen up man; I will not deny the fact that I don’t get jealous whenever you’re around May. It’s so difficult to understand that you guys are not intimate but just friends, I mean not to me but outsiders".

My eyes widened and my muscles tensed up. “What”? I said softly...

“Yea" he continued. “You know if I wasn’t in the picture, I bet you two would have been a thing long ago".